The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 2G What is this? Cruise Control Vacuum Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z_tune

Probationary Member
Nov 3, 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
Not my car but can anyone tell me what this is? Mine is all corroded and just wondering if it needs replaced.

Attachments

• lunapic_132609064461676_3.gif
    lunapic_132609064461676_3.gif
    136.1 KB · Views: 256
I just googled a 2g engine bay for the pic. My cruise does work however I'm having some low idle issues with intermittent surging. Could this be the cause?

I just googled a 2g engine bay for the pic. My cruise does work however I'm having some low idle issues with intermittent surging. Could this be the cause?

I'm pretty sure the cruise has nothing to do with your idle. Why don't you just delete the cruise and have a cleaner engine bay rather then replacing it? But, if you use the cruise i would simply replace it :rocks:.

I think you have a different problem. Cause when the cruise is off then it should act normal. I guess it could cause idle issues but not surge. Try adjusting the cable. But I'd it don't work then why not replace it with a non cruise cable to clean up the bay)

Thanks guys I've been trying to figure out why my idle is acting funny then I saw a bunch of corrosion there. I think I'll take it out since I never use cruise anyways.

ISC maybe? ISC is an Idle Speed Controller and are easily mess up.

Ah my mistake guys! I was looking at my engine earlier and the part that is corroded is right under the cruise control I circled. The corrosion was so bad it was all over that too! So I'll ask again does anyone know whats directly under what I circled?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78
If the system works as designed, don't replace any components. Even if it looks like its been sitting at the bottom of the river. If it works, allow it to continue until it does not.

My cruise control didnt work, and my idle was slightly high. In your first picture, follow the cable you circled to that black box. That contains your throttle cable. Spray that down with wd-40 while pulling on the throttle and pull on the wire to the cruise control. If that was your problem youll notice a gas softer pedal, and it -may- help your idle, it worked for me. Im writing this because you speak of mass corrosion and this could be it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back