The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is this part? Sensor inside evaporator case

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r6speed

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2006
Eugene, Oregon
I'm trying to get all the mouse nest out of my heating/cooling system:barf:

When I pulled this out (two screws going into the upper evaporator case) it fell apart:banghead:. Can someone tell me what this does (some kind of temp sensor?) and what exactly it is called or a part number? I don't know what to order, I can't find anything about it in the Haynes book :confused:

Another quick question, is it possible to remove the lower evaporator case without removing the upper case or the evaporator itself?

Thanks in advance!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am also pulling a mouse nest out of the evap case. I looked at a few diagrams to see what fasteners are holding it behind the case but couldn't find any, I ended up pulling the bottom cause off "breaking it" but still cant see how to get it off. Did you figure out how or what did you end up doing?

Thanks Ethen

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back