The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G What is this and how do i remove it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awzer2

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 4, 2009
palm desert, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and what should i do to clean up the engine bay??
:D

are you talking about the plastic canister? if so that is your evap canister and checking your local emissions laws would be smart before you rip it out just looked again and your from cali so unless this is a non-street car you should probably leave it

are you talking about the plastic canister? if so that is your evap canister and checking your local emissions laws would be smart before you rip it out just looked again and your from cali so unless this is a non-street car you should probably leave it

okay sweet man thanks.

Plug up all of the holes to the engine no matter what they are for and pressure wash your engine bay, use some engine cleaner to clean it all up. The little things add up overtime. Get some of your parts powdercoated, it will help show off your bay more and make it look a lot cleaner.

thanks for the tips bro,any other tips on what i can remove? :confused:.....

OH and what do i need to do to re-route the items next to the motor mount beneath the aluminum bar.such as the oil lines.

Last edited:
There is no oil lines under the motor mount. Those are all vacuum lines which you'll have to check with your emissions standards to see what you can and cannot removed. It really depends on how far you want to go with cleaning it up as to what to do for rerouting things. I could tell you to redo your harness, delete cruise control, move your battery, etc but it all depends on what you want to do with it.

There is no oil lines under the motor mount. Those are all vacuum lines which you'll have to check with your emissions standards to see what you can and cannot removed. It really depends on how far you want to go with cleaning it up as to what to do for rerouting things. I could tell you to redo your harness, delete cruise control, move your battery, etc but it all depends on what you want to do with it.

i removed all the ac lines, removed cruise control im moving the battery to the back....what do i need to do to remove anything ac and cruise control affiliated??

I have a small battery kit in my 1g. Instead of removing the evap canister i was able to move it more to the center. Lots of power washing/degreasing and powdeercoat is definitely the best way to clean up a bay. :thumb:

I have a small battery kit in my 1g. Instead of removing the evap canister i was able to move it more to the center. Lots of power washing/degreasing and powdeercoat is definitely the best way to clean up a bay. :thumb:

nice,any pics?

Well you need a non cruise throttle cable since you removed the cruise control. Remove all of your AC lines, the compressor and the pump on the back of the motor which is hard to get to with the motor in but it can be done.

oh yeah i pulled a cable out a sentra. but damn take those two things out? any guides you know of? and do you think i can sell em if i get em out?

okay gave it a lil wash but i guess i gotta pull the motor,um what turbo is this?? t3?
and are emeye eexhaust valves supposed to be black?

Last edited:
I know this is old but yea exhaust valves can be black if you're running kinda rich, but regardless anything on the exhaust side is probably going to be black and cruddy. And just to clarify...you're kidding about the T3, correct? If not, I'm going to break the rules here and ask you to do some searching on this forum, because there are other people who would rip you a new butthole on here for asking a question like that. But I'm sure you know what you're doing. You're already wanting to do some modding that's NOT going to cause damage to you're engine before you get the supporting mods for it. Good luck man and keep us posted on what you're doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back