The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved What is this and where do I find it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praisethelowered

Probationary Member
Jul 7, 2016
saint george, Utah
What is this, what does it do, and where do I get a new one? This is a pic of my buddies gsx, that piece is broken on my car and isn't sealed. Anyone know? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 129
Solution
That's for your cruise control. Best luck is finding one from the junkyard or the classifieds. What's broken exactly, the connector or the actual module?
That's for your cruise control. Best luck is finding one from the junkyard or the classifieds. What's broken exactly, the connector or the actual module?

It just hangs off now, I took my car to a shop for the ac and they broke my blow off valve vaccum line and this wasn't connected.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 60

Cruise also doesn't work and neither does the cigarette lighter, blown fuse? Should I just get a new blow off? No junkyards around here that would have these pieces.

Definitely fix your BOV first. If they broke the plastic nipple on the original one I would recommend just getting a 1G BOV as your cheapest alternative. Cruise and Cigarette Lighter are on different fuses so I doubt they are related. If the module that you show in the pic above is broken open then that is the cause of your cruise not working as it is what operates the throttle.

i like evo 8 or 9 BOV on 2Gs. plugs right in but still holds better than the 2g part. evo 9 valve is metal and known to hold as good an a 1g bov. evo 8 is plastic, looks identical to a 2g bov, and holds up to 20 or a little more before leaking.

Thanks everyone for the reply, I have temporarily fixed the BOV and will be ordering a new one soon, along with some prosport evo gauges and boost controller (cause why not right?)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back