The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What is the True Curb weight of 1G dsm? Full weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostadd1ct

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
hayward, California
So I'm doing a search on this topic and found a bunch of weight reduction tips. Looks like I can remove 250-300lbs and still be a good DD.

Now in my search for the actual weight I get 3 different figures.

I'm interested in 1G 2nd gen

Seem like it range from 30xx , 31xx and 33xx.

That's a range of 300lbs and quite big.

What's the truth in these?

So I'm doing a search on this topic and found a bunch of weight reduction tips. Looks like I can remove 250-300lbs and still be a good DD.

Now in my search for the actual weight I get 3 different figures.

I'm interested in 1G 2nd gen

Seem like it range from 30xx , 31xx and 33xx.

That's a range of 300lbs and quite big.

What's the truth in these?

Well, that depends on the package you went with. AWD, FWD, Auto, 5-speed, a Turbo model with out power windows.... yes they do exist, mine is.

Mine is 3360....but it wasn't a factory awd, and I think my AWD conversion weighs more than a stock AWD it is also 5 speed/power/awd/sunroof/cruise/AC.

Here's the deal tho, most things you do add weight to the car not take it away. My FMIC is 35lbs heavier than stock, my turbo setup is 20lbs heavier, IC piping, 3" exhuast, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, extral fuel pump, gauges, extra wiring for stuff, ignition, ect... list goes on and on LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back