The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What is something you regret doing to your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batgirl

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2002
Woodbury, St._Paul_Minnesota
I was trying to figure out what I was going to do to make my valve cover look nicer and in looking at the engine bay I realized that I really regret going red. I was so ridiculous to base the entire scheme on the color of my first mod, the intake pipe.

So what is something you have done to your car that you wish you could undo (and no, not driving it to fast - I mean mods)?

:) BG

I wish I could undo my 7-bolt motor and have a 6-bolt. :D

Seriously I regret ever buying a 2.5inch exhaust and having to waste the money later to go 3 inch.

Later,

Originally posted by supereclipse
My sh*tty ebay OBX short shifter.
It sucks so bad and i dont want to spend even more money on getting a new B&M one.

LOL!!! I forgot about that. I have one of those POS's also. I just try to forget about it. Even In my mods list it's listed as a POS

Later,

I regret "buying" my car. Well, not really. I just didn't know I would need a second job to go fast with this car. When you own a Mustang and can bolt a $100.00 fuel pump and a $300.00 nitrous system on and pick up two seconds, spending $1000.00 for a turbo seems like a LOT ! How do you pick up two seconds in a DSM for 3 - 4 hundred bucks ?:)

Stage II !!!

arghh !~ what a mess.
people screwed me on stuff I bought, UPS lost my trans for a month, more than one person took WEEKS to ship items I same-day-paypal'd for . . I sold parts I needed ( fan wiring harness on stock fans ;-(
I bought pieces without fully understanding all the "gotchas" ( ie. $1200 is a good price for a big turbo . . price an external wastegate setup lately ?? ) and more . . .ugh !
I know it will be worth it, and I hope to have the car driving next week ( after 2 months !)
but then it's suspension, 4 bolt rear , etc. oh, and my UPS guy won't say hello anymore. he just grunts and tightens his truss.. . .

Scott

UPS lost one of my four rims about two months ago. The 3 rims came in early may. The forth came the beginning of june. And you know where it was...in the lost and found bin. Took em 3 weeks to look in the lost and found bin. And its not like they were shipped too far. North Carolina to Maryland.

My brother works in UPS. You don't even want to know how they really handle stuff there.
Anyway, I really regret trying to do a Tbelt change on the 95 with someone who only did 1g timing belt changes. Mistimed crank = valve pushed through the head. Yippee!

Originally posted by Niknuk
My brother works in UPS. You don't even want to know how they really handle stuff there.
Anyway, I really regret trying to do a Tbelt change on the 95 with someone who only did 1g timing belt changes. Mistimed crank = valve pushed through the head. Yippee!

Ouch, sucks to be you.

buying a non turbo first and learning the hard way that its not worth it to spend the extra bucks to get a gst

I regret slamming the f*ck out of my 1g. Now I'm in desperate need for a camber kit :D

And putting in hyper-white bulbs in my corner lenses because they're illegal in AZ and guess what....I got pulled over for em :mad:

Buying a 1.8L and noticing how slow I can get it.

Next time it's gonna be awd

i regret tightening my valve cover down until i heard cracking. on every single bolt.

i still havent taken it off since then.

not really any other regrets...well, when i got my starion inlet and outlet welded, i didn't spring for bigger piping. it was free, though, so hey.

i just want some decent intercooler piping. can i just go to an exhaust store and get them to bend me up some decent piping? whats a good place?

Spending what I spent all together on my car.....

I would have rather spent.....my $50K on something else....

or I would expect to have my car pushing like 800HP.

Preferable. for $50K I'd either want a TT supra with 1000HP..

or a GTR Skyline with about 800+whp.

-brian

I regret getting the FP28, even though it's a great turbo, it's definitely not big enough for me. LOL

I regret getting the GReddy FMIC. The fins bend so freakin easily. :mad:

I regret burning that hole in my headliner(not a modification, but it still sux!), giving my passenger side visor to Bryn Mawr, and buying the Autometer A/F gauge cause it's like a light show.

dsmtrick

I regret putting my aluminum spoiler with flat mounting plates on my Daily Driver. When I just snugged the mounting bolts it permanently dented the trunk lid. :mad:

For the most part, just buying the car, but I'm also glad that I did buy it. I got to meet a lot of good people because of it. :)

Cleaning, polishing and painting a valve cover that had a crack in it. Plus not figuring that out until it was installed. Oh, well. That's what JB Weld is for.

Selling it...

The GSX is a POS compared to Faith. Sure, it didn't have a huge list of mods like the GSX, but it was a beutyful ride. Body + paint were almost perfect. There's nothing that grabs your attention quite like a clean black car. Especially when it's 11 years old.

I forgot to mention paying someone $75 an hour to install everything.

Spent about $10K in labor until I started to figure out how to do things (ie: was out of money so had to do it myself)

Then realized how easy it is to actually do most of the work on these cars.

And I also regret buying a FWD wish I'd gotten the AWD. would of saved me more then likely about 10 Grand in Trannies.

Oh ya and actually believing when the guy said we did an alignment on your car... after I hit a curb right after I replaced my first tranny which is what caused the stress on my other 5 tranny's that broke. (each wheel trying to go it's own direction on launch.)

-brian

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back