The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

what i need to install 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You need to take a class in "automotive mechanics" and "The Internet and how to use it 101" Honestly, this is one of the most COMMON setups. It can EASILY be answered by doing a search on these forums alone. Not to mention what a google search would turn up. Don't be lazy.

I thought it was best to run the feed from the OFH on your journal bearing type turbos and if running a ball bearing, dual ball bearing turbo then its best to run feed from the head?

If you're keeping the boost under 25psi or so, feed from the head with a 1G line.

If you're going to run this turbo into the ground, you'll want to feed from the filter housing with a .075" restrictor. The idea here is to give the turbo a little more pressure for the extreme loads the shaft and thrust bearing will be seeing, while not over-oiling the turbo.

Never feed a MHI turbo from the filter housing without a restrictor or you're asking for trouble. quoted by jusmx141 from another thread....The MHI turbos were meant to be fed from the head.I get black smoke under high boost.I have no restrictor.

U want to run the feed line from the ofh.when u run it there u get cleaner oil and filters out any crap u don't want in ## turbo or bearings.as far as the line make shure its not close to 1/4 inch thick.if u get a thick line u will need a restrictor.get a ss line that has a kevlar coating.protects ## line if it rubs on anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back