The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What has everyone been doing to their DSM's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misnelstain5

Probationary Member
May 21, 2020
berlin, Georgia
I was curious what others have been doing with their DSM's? Given the current situation, I'm not really sure if car shows, track events, cruise in's or Cars and Coffee events will happen this year. Are you leaving your car to collect dust? Using the time to upgrade, or perform maintenance?

Just curious. I could always use the motivation to do some work on my GSX.
usps tracking showbox speed test

Last edited:
I’ve been driving it on the almost empty streets of Mexico at night.

We had an impromptu car meet at our park. About 15 cars, groups of less than 10, just glad to get out and get some fresh air and mingle. We were out for 4 hours, raised HELL thru town and then went to Mexico to do some "things"......and NEVER ONCE saw a city police car, sheriff or highway patrol.....not even a game warden so it was a good day. This was 2 Saturdays ago. It was nice. I was "the old man" and most of the cars were not muscle but Honda's, Mazda's, Subies etc and my Talon. :thumb: :cool:
Everyone had their hoods up and music playing just like true Americans :).

Replacing rotors and pads, painting the calipers, new oil pan with12an bung, ported the OFH ,might throw on some cam gears?, New plugs, wires, belts, large h8 battery conversion and relocation to the rear, replaced the transfer case input seal, depending on shipping times might do more?.... shipping in the current situation is the limiting factor. Can't install mods ya won't get before you gotta get back to work ya know? :banghead:

I completely redid my interior (paint whole nine yards). I attempted to do bamboo flooring but I punched a hole through the floor with my clutch pedal :D.

Now I have just been fixing random things here and there and dialing it in while I wait for things to open back up so I can go do my turbo swap and get dyno'd @ English racing

Glad to see others enjoying the empty streets, Seattle is a ghost town most days and it's fantastic ripping down roads that shall go un-named.
0501201938-jpg.598734

Last edited:
The sun was out and no rain today so I took the time to install my new dash cap. Accu-Form Plastics makes a real nice molded plastic cap that fits like a glove .. unless your O.J .. then of coarse we know it don`t fit so lets move on. I`m not sure if they make a cap for the 2g models . I found it very easy to do following their instructions . What I love best about the dash cap is you do not have to remove the old original dash . just clean it best you can and your ready to install .

Do you have pics of that dash? Couldn't find any on their site.
The sun was out and no rain today so I took the time to install my new dash cap. Accu-Form Plastics makes a real nice molded plastic cap that fits like a glove .. unless your O.J .. then of coarse we know it don`t fit so lets move on. I`m not sure if they make a cap for the 2g models . I found it very easy to do following their instructions . What I love best about the dash cap is you do not have to remove the old original dash . just clean it best you can and your ready to install .
I just got emmissions done on mine today!

gathering parts for my wilwood brake swap. other than that ive been street driving the car wiating for the tracks to open to get some data before we turn it up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was curious what others have been doing with their DSM's? Given the current situation, I'm not really sure if car shows, track events, cruise in's or Cars and Coffee events will happen this year. Are you leaving your car to collect dust? Using the time to upgrade, or perform maintenance?

Attachments

• Resized_20200425_232803(1).jpeg
    Resized_20200425_232803(1).jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Resized_20200417_152554(1).jpeg
    Resized_20200417_152554(1).jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Resized_20200420_213638.jpeg
    Resized_20200420_213638.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Resized_20200420_213702.jpeg
    Resized_20200420_213702.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 123

Auto to 5 speed swap and complete rebuild

Just bought a non-running 98 GST in January, and then got laid off in March...how convenient...been spending my days (and my unemployment money) buying parts for the car (and beer!)... Last few weeks I've replaced TPS, ECT, ISC, installed EGR delete plate, FIAV delete plate, new exhaust manifold studs, new FMIC, new alternator, new battery, new battery wires, new MBC, Autometer gauges, NGK spark plugs, etc..etc....took it for a spin yesterday on Hawthorne Blvd and boosted between the lights for about 15 minutes...had a blast at half throttle and 10psi... can't wait to see how it runs when I get a tune!

Cheers Jake

Just bought a non-running 98 GST in January, and then got laid off in March...how convenient...been spending my days (and my unemployment money) buying parts for the car (and beer!)... Last few weeks I've replaced TPS, ECT, ISC, installed EGR delete plate, FIAV delete plate, new exhaust manifold studs, new FMIC, new alternator, new battery, new battery wires, new MBC, Autometer gauges, NGK spark plugs, etc..etc....took it for a spin yesterday on Hawthorne Blvd and boosted between the lights for about 15 minutes...had a blast at half throttle and 10psi... can't wait to see how it runs when I get a tune!

Cheers Jake

Jake from State Farm??? LOL Saw a guy on YT with the same color and scrapping the front lip everywhere. Was that you?

Haha no i dont have any vids on YT... Its possible that was the previous owner? In the soCal area perhaps? I have a stock black front bumper that I removed for FMIC install, and also a white fiberglass Bomber style front bumper that would definitely scrape if i put it on LOL...

Jake

Haha no i dont have any vids on YT... Its possible that was the previous owner? In the soCal area perhaps? I have a stock black front bumper that I removed for FMIC install, and also a white fiberglass Bomber style front bumper that would definitely scrape if i put it on LOL...

Jake

Ok Jake from State Farm :thumb:. Was going off that color which you don’t see that often.

Yeah its kinda burnt orange metallic...I actually saw another one like it over in Torrance CA parked on the street near the beach area when I drove by...and the owner was out assessing the damage from a drunk who had sideswiped it the night before...it was really messed up!!

Jake from Geico (i can only afford that cheap insurance LOL)

Yeah its kinda burnt orange metallic...I actually saw another one like it over in Torrance CA parked on the street near the beach area when I drove by...and the owner was out assessing the damage from a drunk who had sideswiped it the night before...it was really messed up!!

Jake from Geico (i can only afford that cheap insurance LOL)

Haha Sweet! Two of my closest friends were from Torrance and I’ve actually stayed there a couple of days before hitting LA. I preferred Torrance over LA tbh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back