The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

What happened to the 1000 DSM FAQ site?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX Eclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2006
Coal Center, Pennsylvania
All you long time members know what I'm talking about, the successor to the talon digest (or predecessor?), the link consisted of members.shaw yada yada. Went to access it today and the link is no longer working due to robots.txt. Same results trying to view the archived version with waybackmachine.

They retired it...

"As of March 6, 2017, Webspace, Photo Share, Video Mail, and members.shaw.ca have been retired.

We understand that the information and assets stored on your accounts are important to you. You will continue to have access to the contents of your accounts until March 6, 2018; however, we encourage you to move your items to other services, such as WordPress, Facebook, Google Photos or YouTube as soon as possible to avoid losing any important photos and/or information.

As of December 5, 2016, new customers can no longer sign up for Shaw Photo Share, Video Mail, Webspace, and members.shaw.ca. Existing customers can continue to access their content until March 6, 2017. After this date, we will store customer information for one year in a cloud-based tool.

Will my @Shaw.ca email account (Shaw Webmail) be affected by these changes?

No, these changes are only for Webspace and our other legacy web apps. Any files or emails stored in your email account inbox or other email folders will not be affected.

How to Retrieve Your Content

You can easily retrieve all your content here. On December 6, 2016, we will email you a unique Access Code to access your files. If you did not receive an access code, click here. You can also login to My Account to get to the retrieval site to download your information. Alternatively, signing into any of the web apps (such as Photo Share) will automatically prompt your information to become available for download through retrieve.shaw.ca

Why are these services being retired?

Due to limited usage and more popular free third-party services available to our customers, on March 6, 2017, we’ve retired the Shaw Photo Share, Video Mail, Webspace and members.shaw.ca web apps.

With free services like WordPress, Facebook, Google Photos, YouTube, and Instagram, Shaw Photo Share, Video Mail, Webspace and members.shaw.ca have become redundant and no longer provide the best value and best experience to our customers.

We have shifted our focus to other next-generation apps that provide more valuable to customers, such as FreeRange TV."

http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/ takes you to https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-9438

Wow, I was never a member and didn't have a login. Is one required to retrieve content, let alone the content of a page that wasn't your own? That was like the DSM Bible before the forums FAQ.

I don't think you an access it without being the original user of the page. Sean Costal seems to have done all the work on it.

I do happen to have the entire VFAQ 1000 Questions downloaded on my desktop computer at home. I downloaded it a few years ago so I could read it when I was at work and wasn't connected to the internet... but it is a combination of HTML documents, JPG files, GIF Files and PDFs.

Are you looking for something specific from it?

Last edited:
I don't think you an access it without being the original user of the page. Sean Coastal seems to have done all the work on it.

I do happen to have the entire VFAQ 1000 Questions downloaded on my desktop computer at home. I downloaded it a few years ago so I could read it when I was at work and wasn't connected to the internet... but it is a combination of HTML documents, JPG files, GIF Files and PDFs.

Just in case its important I think its Costal. Don't really remember. I forgot about those pages. Id like to see them. I wrote some of them.

I don't think you an access it without being the original user of the page. Sean Costal seems to have done all the work on it.

I was looking for the weight of the fully assembled engine and tranny when I went to open it up. If you have some free time and want to send me all the stuff you have I could work on putting it together all in one format when I'm not working one of my two jobs and school.

I was looking for the weight of the fully assembled engine and tranny when I went to open it up. If you have some free time and want to send me all the stuff you have I could work on putting it together all in one format when I'm not working one of my two jobs and school.

Here is the ENTIRE 1000Q website, for you and if anyone else is also looking for it.

Download the Zip file, extract it and save it to a directory. There is a file called "questions", it links to all the other answers.

I hope this helps!!

Attachments

• 1000Q.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
Here is the ENTIRE 1000Q website, for you and if anyone else is also looking for it.

Download the Zip file, extract it and save it to a directory. There is a file called "questions", it links to all the other answers.

I hope this helps!!

Thank you! Happy Tuning!

I have uploaded a mirror of the zip file from DGajre777 to my site on Amazon Web Services.. I don't think that will retire any time soon.

http://haxors.us/dsm1000/

A lot of the images from the original site are still hard linked to http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q, but I will spend some time this weekend cleaning it up. Right now most of the images are broken but text seems to all be working.

EDIT: I cleaned up the image links on the main pages, but there are still some things to do.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back