The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What happened to DSMsource.com?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrae_06

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Rapid City, South_Dakota
I'm sure, like myself, many members have migrated here from various other forums. When the great Diamond Star Gods inspired me three DSMs ago, 'source' was the only place to find solid, reliable information. It is now almost entirely locked; what happened?

Same thing with DSM Talk. Pretty much a ghost town. It's really unfortunate since I learned almost everything I know today from DSM Talk. But they didn't put up with the poorly adjusted noobs we have here, which might be why they lost the majority of their traffic.

I never came to this site for that reason. Too many uninformative "mad skilz yo dawg" type posts; why 'source' was so great IMO.

It's bizarre how when I first bought my DSM in 2006 all the DSM forums were great to surf on daily. Now it seems as though DSMtuners is the only site I can visit on a daily basis and find more than half a dozen posts. I just hope the other sites don't completely shut down so all the information gathered doesn't get lost.

just hope the other sites don't completely shut down so all the information gathered doesn't get lost.

It would be nice if the threads and writeups that are unique to those sites were saved, just in case.

Same thing with DSM Talk. Pretty much a ghost town. It's really unfortunate since I learned almost everything I know today from DSM Talk. But they didn't put up with the poorly adjusted noobs we have here, which might be why they lost the majority of their traffic.

Most of the mods over there don't own dsm's and haven't for many years. I know that sounds funny coming from me since i currently dont own one. But i will be getting another soon enough, and in the last several years i've only not owned one for a couple months total.

Plus they all had severe cases of "mall cop mentality". I got banned for arguing that the 2g head was better then the 1g head (which it is). Funny thing is the same day i was banned kiggly chimed in and tore them down a peg LOL. Hope the site gets shut down personally, the community doesn't need mods that have never owned a dsm with 30k troll posts trying to tell you how it is.

The layout, organization, community, mods, owner, basically everything about this site is better anyhow.

I think the big nail in the coffin for dsmtalk was when they sold out to that auto forum network that slowed the loading speed down unless you were a paying member. But that was years ago and really the last time I frequented it, although I do check it out every couple of months.

This will not turn into a Talk bashing thread, ya dig?

Source was junk.

Without bashing, I just don't see how Talk or Source were ever viable alternatives. Entirely different animals. Much smaller animals, too. Actually I'm having a really hard time with the source bit. How was source good?

I think the only thing I ever found on Talk that could not be found anywhere else, was a picture (one's that still worked) detailed write-up of the window rattle fix. However, I still used it as a solid resource. Can't say that for source.

Oh and Dr. Turbo. I still flip back to his Talk threads every now and again. ;)

Attachments

• yuuuc.jpg
    yuuuc.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 75
Source doesn't exist, so bash away, but saying it was worth much is like calling DSMLife an informational site.

Talk was/is a good resource. Their traffic has gone down, but archival info is still there.

Without bashing, I just don't see how Talk or Source were ever viable alternatives. Entirely different animals. Much smaller animals, too. Actually I'm having a really hard time with the source bit. How was source good?

I think the only thing I ever found on Talk that could not be found anywhere else, was a picture (one's that still worked) detailed write-up of the window rattle fix. However, I still used it as a solid resource. Can't say that for source.

Oh and Dr. Turbo. I still flip back to his Talk threads every now and again. ;)

You should've seen the epicness of what he put up on the link forums last night. :banghead:

Everything he posts is crap.

His car is clean, and I'll give him that. But he's an annoying tool, loves to street race (which is what Chris was referring to in regards to the link post), and seems to have this thought that he's better and more knowledgeable than anyone else. Go find his build thread on here and take a read through it, or just search the forums for "Dr. Turbo" to find pretty much any post by him.

His car is amazingly clean. He brings it to shootout every year and every year its cleaner then the year before. Why did everyone hate on that guy so much?

I wasn't aware a clean car was a license for unadulterated douche-baggery.

Have you had any interactions with him, or read anything he posts?

Dude is a blackeye for the DSM community and car tuners at large just waiting to happen.

Bragging about a 130+ mph public street race in broad daylight, both participants have their young children in the car, and dingleberry here was trying to film the whole thing with his cell phone.

Darwin award honorable mention, to be sure.

His car is clean, and I'll give him that. But he's an annoying tool, loves to street race (which is what Chris was referring to in regards to the link post), and seems to have this thought that he's better and more knowledgeable than anyone else. Go find his build thread on here and take a read through it, or just search the forums for "Dr. Turbo" to find pretty much any post by him.

I'll have to that i guess.

I wasn't aware a clean car was a license for unadulterated douche-baggery.

Have you had any interactions with him, or read anything he posts?

Not much more then a quick handshake.

Dude is a blackeye for the DSM community and car tuners at large just waiting to happen.

Bragging about a 130+ mph public street race in broad daylight, both participants have their young children in the car, and dingleberry here was trying to film the whole thing with his cell phone.

Darwin award honorable mention, to be sure.

Wow WTF

Well i see LOL. How does someone like that end up with possibly the cleanest 1g in existence LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back