The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

what happened to buschur's alternator relocation kit? do they still sell it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's the rude asshole now! haha

Jarrod was mis-informed on the alternator relocater kits. I told him the belt that comes with the kit will not work with the stock water pump, he thought I meant the entire kit would not work.

The facts of the kit are this:

Only will bolt to the 6 bolt engines.

Relocates the alternator to the back of the engine where the A/C use to be.

Comes with a belt that eliminates the stock water pump. I don't know the part number for a longer belt to use with the factory pump, you'd have to figure that one out on your own.

I don't know if this kit will work on a 6 bolt in a 2g. It does work in RWD conversions and 1G FWD and AWD cars.

The CNC cost for making that part is $145 each. We then make a bolt for an adjuster for the kits and put a belt in there. If $180 is too much, I can't do better, make your own.
It is perfect and has kept the belt on the car over 10,000 rpm, ask John Shepherd.

As for the coil pack pricing, we are on the phone with Mitsu right now checking, if we can buy them for $70 then the $180 price we have up is retarded and wrong, we will change it.

Thanks for reading,

Just got off the phone with Mitsubishi. Retail from the dealer on a 1g coil pack is $191. We are changing the price to $185.

The 2g coil pack $170 list, our price is $165.

If you can buy those for $70 let me know where as I would love to buy some and I can then drop our prices more.

not sure how this happened, but I managed to get this kit and it _doesn't_ fit on my 1g 6-bolt. The axle bracket doesn't quite clear the bracket for the alt. reloc. It will need some grinding. I'm also assuming that the bolt included in the kit gets threaded into the back of the block and puts direct pressure on the alternator case to provide belt tension.

Why not make the kit use the ac portion of the crank pulley and include a new pulley for the alt to offset the underdrive effect if necessary?

Why not make sure Jarrod is telling customers that this kit is designed to work with an elect. water pump?

Why not include instructions? Would it be that hard?

I'm not trying to flame buschur here, but it seems like they went 90% of the way on the product and just stopped there.

Why not contact Dave?

Why not read our rules about vendor feedback?

I've tried to contact Buschur Racing on their own forums, thanks for the advice.

This isn't vendor feedback, it's product feedback.

We went as far as we had to for the part to relocate the alternator and keep the belt on at 10,000 rpm. We built the part for the tube chassis car and serious AWD's. Shepherd runs one on his car.

Jarrod know about the electric pump now, he didn't before. Not like these are big hot seller.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

It won't fit a 2G with a 6-bolt.

The subframes between the two generations are entirely different. And unless you are really mechanically inclined and want to spend a lot of effort reworking the bracket, you shouldn't even bother.

I also agree with Mr. Buschur 100% about the relocation kit. It is purpose built for guys running custom headers and monster turbos that need all the space in front of the engine they can get. If you don't need the space, aren't desperate for better weight balance, or sickeningly anal about how "clean" your engine bay is you don't need to spend a whole day fitting it to your car.

It's irritating to see people who have no idea about machining or material costs slander people about over pricing. "It's just a bracket" it shouldn't be that expensive. It's not some stamped bracket that is made by the tens of thousands, its a custom one off CNC (read: very expensive) piece designed in house.

Buschur made this to help out guys with big time projects and now has to deal with all this grief because bench racers think it costs too much, or doesn't include the wiring, or doesnt come in polished SS. Dealing with this stuff for a decade would make anyone impatient. :toobad:

-Jacob

aves911 said:
It's irritating to see people who have no idea about machining or material costs slander people about over pricing. "It's just a bracket" it shouldn't be that expensive. It's not some stamped bracket that is made by the tens of thousands, its a custom one off CNC (read: very expensive) piece designed in house.

-Jacob

yup totally agree here,i know how this go i also have parts CNC made in small quanitities for the dsm community and its tough. Very hard to keep a decent price. people need to think about how they are made.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back