The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G What happen to GReddy exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most likely discontinued due to these cars being anywhere from 15-24 years old and really no profit or large demand. Being able to get a cat-back for like $100 off of ebay probably didn't help things either.

I think the sound from all the exhausts were fairly similar. I had a Thermal R&D exhaust on my 1g and I can't tell a big difference on the sound compared to the RRE exhaust that is on the 2g. The most popular exhausts these days are going to be the cheap no-name options, as rarely do DSMers spend money on the big names, which is why you're seeing those options get discontinued. Most will just go down to their local muffler shop and have something built up for much cheaper. I had RRE build an exhaust for my 2g that is probably one of the best options out there. It tucks up under the chassis nicely on the 2g, where a lot of 3" exhausts hang low and scrape on speed bumps.

I love my 3' thermal. Didn't buy it myself, but this was probably the only good choice the previous owner made of two.

I have a megan exhaust on my gst and it pretty nice, I rely have no complaints it's a bit cheaper then thermal as well but a great happy medium. Ebay stuff is garbage and I have spent my summer removing all ebay mods off my vehicle from the previous owner and what a difference. Big names are big because they are quality

I have an srs cat-back with a Sim downpipe and it sounds good. Be warned, they don't bolt straight to eachother.

Just fab it up bro piping is piping! Just get a nice Thermal R&D muffler and build the rest from there. It's not that hard bro! If I can figure out the brand of my muffler I'll post if for you. It was so long ago I honestly don't remember, but man does it sound good. I'll be looking for a system for the galant soon, so I'll be researching a little too!

well. there is standard piping, then there is SS piping, aluminized, titanium etc...

sure you can go down and get some 3" crush bent piping, and itll work great. then theres mandrel bent, then you can go up in pipe quality.

it all comes down too: how much do you want to spend, and how long to you want it to last?

comes down to performance and longevity really

have had many systems done by my local shop with decent quality, non-ss or aluminized pipe, and after 4 years, theyre al looking great. live in the NW so that should explain the environment im in, and no vehicles are stored inside, save the 59 f100 that my freind owns, which is being parked outside this year

I have a Magnaflow on my 1g, but it's a turbo back all stainless, and it sounds absolutely amazing. I have not been a huge fan of Magnaflow, but I'm really happy with it. I will try to eventually post up some audio of it. Everyone that hears it always tells me how deep it sounds, it's a nice quality system
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a Magnaflow on my 1g, but it's a turbo back all stainless, and it sounds absolutely amazing. I have not been a huge fan of Magnaflow, but I'm really happy with it. I will try to eventually post up some audio of it. Everyone that hears it always tells me how deep it sounds, it's a nice quality system
I have the same muffler. All custom 3" piping back to the magnaflow muffler. I really like it. here's a video of my car

i have pretty much same setup on my 1ga awd but 18g turbo hks 272 evo 3 o2 housing ported of course, full 3" turbo back magnaflow, no cat. think it was from buschur racing a while ago. sounds nice. kinda lound but sounds good.

Back in 2003 with my 93' TSI I had a 3" ATR exhaust with a test pipe, 2.5" downpipe. I remember it being LOUD, and resonated the cabin bad at freeway speeds. Now I run a 3" inch downpipe welded to a 3" muffler shop exhaust with a magnaflow muffler. Sounds deep and mellow, with no drone on the freeway. At WOT, well all I hear is my external dump LOL.

Old thread but dang was wondering what happened to them. I still have a mint greddy exhaust for a 2g dsm. Paired with open dump. Sounds absolutely nasty and honestly put some muscle cars to shame with how beefy it sounds on my 20g turbo setup

2.5 2bolt flanged down pipe to 3in all the way back no cat or res.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back