The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What grade gas do you use for daily driving?

What grade gas do you use?

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 6 4.6%

Votes: 6 4.6%

Votes: 22 16.8%

Votes: 14 10.7%

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • 94+

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I can't fill my tank with premium the lowest i'll use is 89, just to keep the knock sensor away from waking up...! cause he don't seem to like the taste of 87. he's kinda picky ya know...

I don't see why anyone would need to run high octance gas in a NA 4 cyl all the time, so I usually run 93.5 ($1.49/gal) through mine once a month then put regular gas($1.26/gal) in it the rest of the time. And mine runs fine, except when I let it run low LOL :rolleyes: OMG

Originally posted by ivanr4g63
When I can't fill my tank with premium the lowest i'll use is 89, just to keep the knock sensor away from waking up...! cause he don't seem to like the taste of 87. he's kinda picky ya know...
you're car is a he? :confused:

my daily driver is a 4.0 Cherokee... and even the 87 costs $1.79... so that's all I give her... and a bottle of injector cleaner every third tank or so...

87 octane baby! The 5.9 in my dodge isnt picky. The eclipse likes the leaded stuff though..........

93 is the highest we have around town. it runs $1.47 to as high as $1.57
the most ive paid for it is $1.79 about 2 months ago.

Don't bother with the octane booster guys, it doesn't really help. When they say it raises your octane a few points they mean from 93 to 93.3. Don't waste your money, you'll get a bigger kick from using toluene from the gallon cans at the hardware store.

Steve

darn you guys im poor... (untill i get my GED and a job with my bro)i got to go with the mid gread half the time... (unless i just got my pay check then i fill her up with 93)

93 all the way... Ive seen what the difference in a car that runs shitty gas all the vs a car that runs good gas all the time. 93 = no carbon buildup ever

87 = EWWWW

Even my cavy gets 93

92...one gas station here sells 100 octance unleaded for like 6bux and some change a pop...

Originally posted by onegee
92...one gas station here sells 100 octance unleaded for like 6bux and some change a pop...

OMG x 1 million!

thats EXPENSIVE!!!

:laugh:

we don't have a place around here to sell that stuff...i have to go to the LaRue track to get anything better than 93.

93 octane here becouse its the highest i can find :(... i want 94 damn it! actuly i want 98 but hell will freez over first...

at least now since i found out what 89 does (slooooow)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back