The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

what good rap have people been listening to lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by Anomoly#5
dDIME if youve ever heard his song :Never: then all of your opinions of him being weak or "booboo" as your corny intellect is expressed on this board, would vanish. you'd just sit there with your mouth open while listening, but thats if you could even understand what he was saying.... which makes me come to think your probably just one of those people that hears a beat with bass and thinks the song is tight.

:rolleyes: :confused: Yea thats me im one of those 3-6mafia fans, who likes hearing a a nice bass sound, and hearing the same verse over and over. :rolleyes:............ If u read the rest of my many post on this subject, i made some very good vaild points about the rap industry, but your so much on chino xl nuts that maybe it clouded your intellect.:confused: You sit here and say he can battle any emcee, and u came out with decent or at best half ass rap lines. I highly doubt he can battle someone like mos-def, common , hell with those lines u spitted, i doubt he can battle someone hear locally in ohio:rolleyes: Let alone an eminem, and i know he prolly couldnt battle snoop dog either Now ive heard mos-def before and he has some lines that would make u drop your jaws and slap yo mama. Even though im not a big fan of commons rap albums, i have heard some of his underground shyt, and it did blow my mind.

I said chino xl is aight, i gotta hear him and maybe ill change my mind. But theres tons of non-famous rappers who can rap better than some of these famous rappers. Chino xl isnt the only one. I mean you acted like he was the rap jesus . Dont get mad because your rap idiol got alittle critcism. hell, if your going to boast about him, atleast write down some good lines.

Originally posted by ddimestalon

I get tired of hearing about 2pac, dont get me wrong hes a great rapper, but theres other who are good too. Biggie, nas, jay-z, dmx, common, and mos def

The only reason I said that, was because I believe if 2Pac still around, we woudl still have good rap (other artists also), every since he died rap turned into hip-hop dance party crap type music.

Originally posted by 98TsiAWD

The only reason I said that, was because I believe if 2Pac still around, we woudl still have good rap (other artists also), every since he died rap turned into hip-hop dance party crap type music.

I think part of the reason it changed because people got tired of seeing the east coast west coast battling, and then they saw two talented artist die from a silly rap battle. But thats how rap is, it evolves. Next year we might see somethin different.

Anomoly#5: I don't even know where to start. I've also heard every lyric you posted along with many,many other verses from ChinoXL. He's o.k when he first starts out, but many, many times he get's caught up with his wording, slows down and then speeds back up again. Big no no, it's alright if he's battling someone in the streets, but on record, it's just downright sloppy. I really feel where you're coming from though, his thought process and rhyming ability is real good, but his timing is not quite dead on yet. One lyricist that hasn't been mentioned yet, that will demolish Chino is Canibus. Another you might not know about is Sy Scot.

The WU is probably going to be sick for a long time, whether it's from the older CD's or new ones that are destined to come out here shortly.

Other mentionable's: Mobb Deep, KillArmy, The Roots, Biggie, Nas, The Outsidaz, RedMan, ONYX, Peanutbutter wolf, Jedi Mind Tricks, Eyedea, Company Flow(DEF JUX), Canibus, even Busta Rhymes has some tight songs.

Try and get ahold of some AESOP ROCK. That fool is downright ill.

I'm also a emcee with deep roots in graff. Boycot the radio.

The Pauser

Not to mention some old school rappers too, rakim, krs-one, ll cool j, slick rick, and big daddy kane

you know what, im going to respect everyones opinion on who they "feel" is somewhat of an ill emcee. And leave it at that, now ddime for you to say I'm on his nuts.. I would'nt go that far but I respect him alot because I relate to him so much, through his music on his first album. I respect mos def, and common both are nice. And have meaning in what the speak to make you think. But I analyze lyrics alot when I hear them from expression,breath control, metaphors,similies,and the almighty punchlines. along with rhyme structure. And in my opinion I will Always feel that Chino is the illest. canibus is nice but quite repetitive. I have a couple of favorites from a couple of his albums. And honestly canibus,eminem,chinoxl are along the lines of the illest known by underground hip hop heads. Dont get me wrong there are alot of other emcees that are as nice as them. or maybe even nicer. But I have'nt yet heard of any nor care to because I have almost lost all interest in hip hop these days. maybe thats somewhat closed minded but anyways blah blah bliggidy blah blah.. pz out. sorry to those I have offended. from what I hear I guess im on chinos nuts so bad i cant see straight..

Anyone ever try DAS EFX? It's old-school but their beats go hard.

Anyways, about the only mainstream rappers I like are Snoop, NAS, & Nelly(yeah, I know already so you don't have to post a 400 word post on how he sucks & ain't a real rapper).

Sorry to say this....but hip hop is dead. There are only a handfull of artist that are to be considered "good", and the rest who were in that catagory, have transended to crappy lyrics, same theme, and more crappy lyrics. I considered myself a huge hip hop fan...but now I cant stand it. To be quite honest, I am disapointed in it. If I heard one song about 24's, ice, b!tches and pimpin', I have heard them all. I blame all of the producers who subjigated their culture for a fad. I am over hip hop for now.

im gonna agree with 98TsiAWD on this about the pac thing..

also, ive been listening to a lot of DMX lately...oh, and Dilated Peoples. surprised nobody brought them up. good stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back