The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what good rap have people been listening to lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
Seems all the new rap coming out is this trendy party/summer type of crap. like that raygay crap where u cant hear the words. Some of the best rap i ever heard came off Dres 2001 album. whats the difference, forgot about dre, bi*** please II, guilty conscience, songs like those. They all have very nicely mixed bass/treble that flow with the lyrics.

Wheres the good new stuff though? 50 cent is ok but some of his stuff is just repetitive (many men, and 21 questions), and in da club is ok but played out. Anyone got some good fresh rap that isnt junk

I think you will be hard pressed to find something that doesn't have to do with 24 and bitches. I remeber when Tupac and other like him would rap about real stuff not what looks cool. It seems to me that those days are gone. The one person I like alot still is NAS. He tells it ike it is and actually wants kids to go to school and do good things not buy chains and way to big clothes. Other than that you might just have to find stuff that isnt popular, or underground stuff. Hope that helps.

Michael

if you like eminem try EYEDEA and his songs with DJ abilities

Jurrasic 5, Jedi mind tricks, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, .... some old school Roots, Pharcyde, Bahamdia, Tribe called quest! I can't stand none of the new RAP ... it's just not HIP-HOP!!!

I've been wondering a lot of the same...I really haven't been hearing any songs I like lately and haven't been D/Ling anything either...cause I don't like anything...and now I'm stuck with older boring CD's that I'm sick of...I don't know what to do...

i'm not a really big fan of actually rap, but more of a fan of rock/rap (pod, ratm, etc...). i am open to alot of different stuff though. although this crap that has been coming out, like 50 cent, is NOT rap. that shit is pop no matter how you look at it. i just stick to the old stuff like tupac and bone if i feel like listening to rap. most of the stuff coming out now they label rap sounds and feels nothing like rap. it's more shake-your-ass-back-it-up-fo-shizzle shit. i don't even listen to the radio anymore.

my bad ... BackinBlack I was thinking of someone else! my sincere apology! anyway yeah your right nothing new is worth listening too! and if there is they don't play it on the radio!
Like I said .... Mos Def, Talib Kweli, jurrasic 5, The Roots, Bahamdia, Tribe called quest.... that's what is in my 6disk changer right now!

Black Eyed Peas album.. elefunk <-sp

new gangstarr album.. also new planet asia album..

and a classic.. biggy album - ready to die..

fugk that commercial bs on the radio.. that dirty south.. get low song.. just screaming shit.. and that sean paul crap raggae isht.. WTF is he saying..

yeah...rap is horrible now-a-days. I have the same problem with not downloading any songs cuz they all suck and i dont like any of them. BTW...Ready To Die owns best rap album of allllllllllllllllll time.

Anything from like early to mid 90's like Tupac, biggie, bone, old school snoop, are great classic type rap.

Dr. Dre is the man though in my opinion. I still listen to the Chronic, and Chronic 2001 was bad ass too.

With newer rap, I like Enimem, Nas, 50 is ok for pop type rap, same for ludacris, I still like snoop.

The worst song out right now is that Right Thur song, freakin horrible:barf:

fvck chingy, the get low get low guys, fvcking shawn D paul, there wannabee ying yang twins IMO..and fvck ying yang twins LOL

Originally posted by eclipsed95
Anything from like early to mid 90's like Tupac, biggie, bone, old school snoop, are great classic type rap.

Dr. Dre is the man though in my opinion. I still listen to the Chronic, and Chronic 2001 was bad ass too.

de sure to get tupacs new cd coming out on sept 13. the same day he is supose to come back.................................

Ying yang twins lil jon 35 mafia are good if you have a bumpin system, but theyre songs are REALLY played out now. every time i hear some one playing i dont give a fvck, i feel like shooting them.

Bonecrusher is actually good rap imo.

ah, i like alot mentioned in this thread, and hate all the shit that guy mentioend about chingy, shawndpaul,those get low get low dumbass's.

but right now im rocking out to "atmosphere" i dare ya, but fair warning, its what i call sappy rap. if you can't handle love and emotion at all, forget atmosphere and go back to the pure core gansta stuff.

2 Words....3 actually

Bubba Sparxxx Deliverance. Fiddles, guitars, beats, and one giant bald headed Southern boy :)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I've always been a huge fan of Zebrahead and listen to them quite frequently. I'm looking forward to their new album coming out in October.

They are more of a rock/rap/hip hop band I guess. They definitly have their own style and are more than worth checking out for a fan of any one of those 3 genres.

Zebrahead. :thumb:

wow a lot of replies since i posted this yesterday. seems im not alone in feeling lost in this new crap music coming out. Im listening to the same CDs over and over and every time i DL something i delete it the first time i listen to it, or i just have no idea what to buy/DL cause nothing recent is any good. Ive heard a couple of Mos Defs songs hes pretty good ill look around kazaa for his stuff and talib. I never heard of jedi mind tricks but ill try some of their stuff too. thx for the input

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back