The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What ever happened to DSM purity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

different strokes for different folks

It's just confusing me. When i first joined, The photos in the galleries were of peoples cars and most of the body's were stock..

Now everyone those a Huge parkbench on there can and body kit and calls it a day..

You must be speaking of the "recent photos?"

I'm 23 and when I was 16 a body kit sounded cool. But once I learned a thing two about cars they just sounded stupid. They are now revolting to me. Very few of them actually flow with the natrual lines on cars.

I actually disagree. If you look at a lot of old school members (mostly ones that arent around anymore), you will see a bunch of ugly ass body kits, and juge wings, and ugly rims. I think that for the most part, people are losing interest in body kits.

I've never like body kits. I'm 18 and it just never came to me as something cool or anything. There's always going to be those types of people who like body kits and wings no matter what happens.

I actually disagree. If you look at a lot of old school members (mostly ones that arent around anymore), you will see a bunch of ugly ass body kits, and juge wings, and ugly rims. I think that for the most part, people are losing interest in body kits.

I would have to agree. Seems like more new members are the ones that join with a body kit already on or join to ask which wing looks cooler. But after being here for awhile, they tend to not go for the fast and the furious look.

i'm not big on the body kit thing either, especially on dsm's. However there are some cars out there where "body kits" or ground effects more so look damn good, as long as they're tastefully done, like 350z, evos, sti. And what would a drift car be without the body kit and a big shopping cart spoiler. IMO the rockstar 240 is a sweet looking automobile.

Well eveey person has a different taste, no one should judge anyone else. Body kits have a function, the law of aerodynamics has proven that. I will give that with the fad of body kits many companies provided a product with no functinality, but looks, targeting the low budget person. Godbless those that can afford 5k or 10k on a functional body kit with wind tunnel testing a functionality. Times change and so do we, so search, look take in what you like and ignore what you dont and we should all be happy without judging each other.

Our cars are getting old. And the Fact that all of us are here on this site and still driving, building, and loving these cars, i see no reason to think that there is no "purity" We don't all like the same wheels, the same body styles, or maybe each other at times, but all in all we are all here because of the car we love (or hate at times)!!:hellyeah:

Our cars are getting old. And the Fact that all of us are here on this site and still driving, building, and loving these cars, i see no reason to think that there is no "purity" We don't all like the same wheels, the same body styles, or maybe each other at times, but all in all we are all here because of the car we love (or hate at times)!!:hellyeah:

Agreed. The main reason for the community is the love for the car itself whether it be rusted/kitted/lowered/stock. Everyone will have different interiors/exteriors whether they have kits or not, that's just different tastes.

their are few kits that i like. But the first thing i think of when i see a car with a kit on it is a beener drives it. (no offence to spanish people, a beener is not a latin american person.)

Why did FnF affect the Eclipse so adversely and no one remembers the Supra that was actually featured more prominently and looked uglier?

Maybe it was the "Danger to Manifold" scene.

Its because when they are looking under hood of the green eclipse when Brian (Paul Walker) pulls up in the first race scene & are listing off the turbo setup, etc. You can clearly see that its a 420a, not a 4G63 :).... And it's a 6-speed manual Eclipse, as seen in the earlier scene of the movie when he is giving it all the car has... Let't not forget that the car was going so fast that the diamond plate floor board flew off... ROFL ROFL

Body kits are for drift cars.

The whole point of them is so that if you smash it up you say NBD it was only ziptied on anyways!

A body kit will never touch one of my DSM's but glitter paint for my hood on my vr4 will....... ROFL

My drift car? OH YEAH ZIPTIES AND AERO!

Edit: the gvr4s front fascia is all held in with zipties too. Tell me why this is a bad idea and I'll prove you wrong.

Many of you were between the ages of 8-11 when body kits were more popular. They'd just starting losing interest by the time you were getting your drivers liscences. I personally remember loving body kits when I was 18, but that was a decade ago. Anymore, I don't like body kits at all. If I were 18 today, I don't think I would ever have liked body kits either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back