The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

General What ECU am I working with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanCollins

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Tully, New_York
So I pulled out my ECU and it says Lancer 79k on the case.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My car officially confuses me. 92 TSi with a 6 bolt bottom, a 7 bolt head, 2g exhaust manifold and turbo and I'm tuning with a SAFC.

What's the path I should take with this ECU? I am still working out all the kinks with my craigslist baby. Just found out there was no thermostat installed at all so any help with this is appreciated.

The number on the edge connector is the last 4 digits of the E2T number and based on the way they number ECUs the rest was E2T3 so I searched for E2T34480 and that gave me MD154076 part number.

Hard to say from just a little picture.

It looks like that one still has original caps, they are timebombs and need to be replaced ASAP. There may already be corrosion damage from them to the board and that should be fixed.

I'm guessing that the software (EPROM Chip) should be replaced with either US software, DSMLink, etc. I can't quite make out the version number on the chip. Is it E800, EB00 or what? I expect a few of us ECU hackers would like to get a copy of what's on the chip.

The ECU is a 1990 style ECU so you should check and make sure the you have your harness configured for the 90 style pinning of the IPS and MAF reset signals. A 92 car would normally need pins 6 and 14 swapped to use with a 90 style ECU. Since it's clear your car has a bit of hacking done to it, verifying which pins those sensors go to on the ECU harness right now would be important.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back