The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What Dsm parts fit on an evo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420a-t

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2005
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hey all,

I've been modding my dsm for quite a while now, and I've recently had nothing but problems with it. I was wondering if you guys could help me decide what I can and can't take with me to use on an evo. I also have some quesitons too.

1. 2g dsm and evo struts/springs compatable at all?
2. mitsu-style turbos work? Worth keeping or no?
3. Same alternator? ( I have a new galant alternator)
4. 1g throttle bodies, worth keeping?
5. Cams are the same? What about my BC valve springs, are they stiffer than OE evo springs?
6. Thermostat housing, FP intake pipe, or fuel rails are the same?
7. I have an apexi FMIC made for a skyline, will it fit on an evo?
8. I have an in-line and intank walbro, should I ditch the inline and get 2 intanks for a "double pumper" setup? Can you use the evap line on an evo for a fuel line?
9. Can I use my rods, 7 bolt crank, and pistons in an evo if I want to do a stroker down the road?

Here's a list of what I have and some pics of the business side of things. Any advice would be great to what I should keep for an evo for a 10sec. car. Thanks guys

Bolt-on Modifications:
K&N intake filtercharger, 4" FP intake pipe, Apex'i Skyline core FMIC with 2.5" custom piping, JMF SMIM, 1g TB, HKS SSQV, Holset H1E with Mitsu-style housing, .065 oil restrictor adn -4an oil feed, 3"o2 housing (v-band), custom 3" downpipe to 3" RSR cat back, FIC BM1450cc, rewired Walbro 255hp, Hallman MBC, Upgraded tranny cooler x2 with spal fan, NGK bpr8's, 10mm plug wires, 38mm external gate, FP manifold, NOS dry kit (spoolup only), 160 degree t-stat, fuelab fpr, evo 3 oil cooler with 1g oil cooler, galant alternator, E85, stock fuel rail with -6an fittings, in-line walbro w/ -6an fuel lines, 3" electric cutout

Engine Management:
DSMLNK V3 AEM eugo wideband, Autometer boost, oil pressure, and tranny temp gauges, GM 3.3 MAP sensor, GM AIT

Engine Internals:
BC 280 cams, BC springs, 3g lifters, ARP headstuds, OEM mitsu gasket, minor exhaust port job, OEM 4g64 crank, ACL race bearings, Wiseco pistons (9:1), Scat rods

Drivetrain Modifications:
fully built auto tranny, Re-stalled converter, chipped TCU

Suspension Modifications:
Eibach pro-kit, Illuminas in the front, GR2s in the rear, Front and rear STB, Upgraded sway bar endlinks, 17" GSX rims, 215/45/17 bf goodrich g-force sports

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks Guys,

Josh

well first thing is what evo are you talking about.

7, 8 and 9 evo motors are mounted opposite of dsm's

Wait, what? You got an EVO 1-7 somewhere in Idaho? Good show :applause:

If I'm just confused from reading some of these posts (most likely) you probably got an EVO 8 or 9. Aside from your turbocharger (you probably already know that the 8's and 9's use twin scroll turbos so it's up to you, although I've seen adapters that let you run your current turbo) I can't really see too much that'll cross over. Of course if I'm mistaken and you do have an EVO 1-3 then you can pretty much use everything you got :D

oh btw, your Talon looks amazing under the hood

I wouldn't be too surprised at a pre VIII somewhere...they are at least a handful of really good conversions that I know of....plus you never know.....

Here's my thoughts on what would carry over. But, I think you should stick with the Talon...

Bolt-on Modifications:
K&N intake filtercharger, Apex'i Skyline core FMIC (you could probably get it to fit), HKS SSQV, FIC BM1450cc, rewired Walbro 255hp, Hallman MBC, NGK bpr8's, 38mm external gate, NOS dry kit (spoolup only), fuelab fpr, E85, in-line walbro w/ -6an fuel lines, 3" electric cutout

Engine Management:
AEM eugo wideband, Autometer boost, oil pressure, GM 3.3 MAP sensor, GM AIT

Engine Internals:
BC springs, 3g lifters (same as an EVO)

Drivetrain Modifications:

Suspension Modifications:
17" GSX rims, 215/45/17 bf goodrich g-force sports

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back