The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

what does the iac sensor do???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou schmouder

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2008
dalton, Georgia
I have no cel but my car keeps dies after 3 sec of cranking it. If I give it gas it will run but the min I let off it dies. also around 4k it will backfire a little.Any ideas????

It's amazing how much information is in the 1G Technical manual.

dtm

You don't adjust the ISC/IAC. You adjust the BISS but it's more difficult on a 2G since most people don't have a DRB/MUT to tell the ECU to go into set BISS mode.

I still dont understand what I should be doing!!!!

why didnt you guys just say to replace it

k thanx i was just going to buy a new one and take it back if it didnt work

so when I test it I test the motor or the plug

Motor. You take the plug off, move it aside, and test the 6 pins portruding from the motor housing itself
(Why do I have this feeling that you didnt even click on the link?)
:hmm:

...Oh and btw, if you decide on a new one (AFTER you've confirmed that its bad),
click here: DSMISC Automotive (New ISC Supplier)

....There's actually a cheaper way to get it; its from an Ebay Australian vendor...I posted a link waaay back (think it was like $80 shipped or somethin like that) And it was an authentic Mitsu ISC

....only downside tho is it'll take 10 yrs to arrive!!
(Na not really....but it did take almost a month.........or so)

Order one from Rock Auto. They are about $80 also but you have to pay shipping. However you'll get it in a few days.

When it comes to buying electrical items many places won't take them back.
Diagnosing problems > swapping parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back