The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

what does everyone think of this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laser-man

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2002
carolina_beach_north_carolina
i have a white laser i got that needs a paint job, when i get it painted i was thinking of de badging the whole car and filling in the part that says plymouth on the front with bondo or something. after it is painted i was thinking of getting DSM with the :dsm: sign beside it painted on that back center panel mabey in black and red or just red. does this sound like a good idea, the dsm will be profesional air brushed.

not bondo but its a good idea....shave it all too by the way and mold the back bumper in...j/k but i thi8nk it looks good...

If you do a clean debadge it would look awesome man...i love a clean car

yeah well what would i use to fill in the plymouth thing in the front? its like indented into the bumper.

umm i dunno...i wouldn't use bondo though....maybe ABS mold it or something..i really coupldt tell you..i used bondo on my Tegra and it turned out crappy even with like 2 weeks of work in a body shop

all right i will ask a body shop what to use.

How about putting a different bumper on. Maybe a talon bumper? To me it sounds easier

out of curiosity why even bother to debadge it? you never see people debadging an eclipse, and barely ever a talon, are you embarassed todrive an american car or something? But, sometimes a shaved car looks cool, you just have to do it right, you could use fiberglass filler to fill it in or just plain fiberglass resein, Ithinkthe DSM idea is pretty cool though.

no i am not embarised to drive it at all, in fact i like lasers the best, but i just wanted to de-badge the whole car and put dsm on the back to just make it a generic dsm, plus when i paint it i have to pull all the sticky letters off anyways.

Ummm, it's in the You might be a DSMer if... but this morning someone was talking to me about my car and how the eclipses and the talons are bad ass but the lasers are crap. I nearly slapped the stupid out of him.
(I drive an eclipse BTW)
sorry a little off topic.

my car is fully debadged, bumper to bumper. When i got my car painted the guy said they had to remove the stuff to repaint, and since the badges had to be replaced, i just told the guy to smooth everything out and leave the badges off. The guy said it would cost money to replace them if i wanted to, but i'm poor :)

If i get to borrow my cousin's digital camera i'll take you some pics, it's black :)

Hideki

Originally posted by wicked93GS
out of curiosity why even bother to debadge it? you never see people debadging an eclipse, and barely ever a talon, are you embarassed todrive an american car or something? But, sometimes a shaved car looks cool, you just have to do it right, you could use fiberglass filler to fill it in or just plain fiberglass resein, Ithinkthe DSM idea is pretty cool though.

I have mine debaged... how do you figure nobody does it. I know ALOT of people who do it.

Originally posted by ECLIPSE4x4

I have mine debaged... how do you figure nobody does it. I know ALOT of people who do it.

Debadged? Looks like a Mitsu symbol sitting on the front of yer sig, there skippy.:thumb:

Originally posted by nutshot

Debadged? Looks like a Mitsu symbol sitting on the front of yer sig, there skippy.:thumb:

Old pic , glad you noticed.

1301front2.jpg

d@mn that is a really nice car. mad props to you.

I think debadging it is a good idea. I think doing it makes the car more unique and more personalized actually. I think the idea of putting just the mistubishi symbol in red is a kewl idea too. But no black just do it red I think. But it sounds kewl. Make sure you take pictures and put them up when it's all done :)

Originally posted by Laser-man
i was thinking of de badging the whole car and filling in the part that says plymouth on the front with bondo or something.

I'm not sure what'd work to fill the the plastic bumper. Bondo would probably fall out, or at least crack. They used to make a welding kit for dirtbike fenders, kind of a glorified woodburner with some filler sticks. I don't know what's going on in body shops these days, but they do have repair kits for plastic bumpers; whatever they use for adhesive in those should work to fill the lettering.

Why not use fiberglass to fill it? Then sand it down after it cures... and paint it. I'm not a body guy, but that is how we make custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosures.... seems that it would work just fine.

--Scott

Originally posted by ECLIPSE4x4

Hey thanx for the compliments man, Although it is a little too Rciey for some :rolleyes:

I don't think it's all that ricey. That one nice ride. You did a good job. although I think you should fill in the indent from the :dsm: in the front buper somehow. Just my opinion

Don't use fiberglass on a bumper made of that material. It will have a hard time sticking well and may slide out. Maybe a material like duraglass, which is a mix of fiberglass and something else, used it before to shave out parts. Shave the embelms off, makes cars look alot cleaner. My car is in the process of gettin completly shaved from the emblems to the handles to the lines between body sections. Good luck man

Originally posted by thehyena

I don't think it's all that ricey. That one nice ride. You did a good job. although I think you should fill in the indent from the :dsm: in the front buper somehow. Just my opinion

Actually I like the sub-dued look , Its' there but not kinda look.

I am not a body shop guy. But I am sure they know how to do this. I think also the best way to keep it from falling out would be to drill a few holes through it. So the filler that you are using can have something to latch onto, that being the drilled holes.

I like the debadged look. I too am debadged and Ed is ricey!

I had my 92 Laser debadged. there is no ID that proves it is a laser anymore. I like black so I kept all exterior black and shiny. I also used parts from severla talons and eclipses to customize it. It looks pretty nice and no one knows exactly what passes them HEHE !!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back