The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What does everyone think of the new Kia Stinger Turbo Awd?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomattx

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
wampum, Pennsylvania
The reviewers are raving about the new Kia Stinger GT2 and I actually think its a sweet ride, whats not to like? AWD, Turbo, Brembo brakes, Flat bottom steering wheel, 13.1 in the 1/4 stock! there are a few lower priced Stingers but the GT1 and GT2 are the loaded out versions. Its crazy that Kia is even jumping on the super car boat and here we have Mitsubishi who gave Kia a hand with engine design in the early years doing nothing. Not sure that I like the 50k pricetag but I see it as a start for Kia in the performance spectrum and good things to come in the future hopefully and eventually there will be a few used GT2's that might be affordable in a few years.

I just saw a video on you tube of a Kia suv jumping a curb/wall and completely going over another car barely touching it ...damn funny video . But I like the Kia your talking about its actually one of the better ones .imo

I work as a lot service vendor for dealerships and having already driven both the base model AND GT2, I can say that while they're surprisingly nice, I don't see the model sticking around for too long.

Kia's marketing approach has been disastrous, I've talked to people on dealer lots who didn't even realize there was a super bowl commerical for the car. Having a forgettable spot on one of the biggest advertising nights of the year isn't going to bring you buyer's that would otherwise pick up a BMW 5 series.

Then you have to address the elephant in the room, you're trying to jump into the premium model lineup when you haven't even captured the market on anything beyond subprime loans. Think about what kind of buyers you typically see in a Kia showroom. The 10 yr 100k warranty isn't driving customers in the door, it's the 'everybody drives regardless of ability to repay the loan' lenders that Kia dealerships love to use.

To sum it up, if the Stinger had anything other than a Kia badge on the front of it, dealerships would have a hard time keeping them in stock with a 50k price tag. They're THAT nice...

I want to test drive one, I wonder if they are being made in big enough numbers that dealers will have them on the lot or if they are like the Evo where only the bigger dealers will get one or two.

I want to test drive one, I wonder if they are being made in big enough numbers that dealers will have them on the lot or if they are like the Evo where only the bigger dealers will get one or two.

They're readily available for test drives around here. The most recent store I was at (Gateway Kia in Quakertown, PA) had 2 GT2's on the ground along with 5-6 others ranging in trim level. They're the 3rd largest Kia dealership in the area..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back