The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

What do you think of my dyno day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclpsegsx12 said:
agp t3/t4 50 trim owner right here.

400 whp(mustang dyno)--20 psi--pump gas!

11.7 @117-118

:rocks:

Yea thats what I'd expect from a 50 trim at that boost level. There is definitly something wrong if you're only making just over 300.

1fast97gsx said:
Yea thats what I'd expect from a 50 trim at that boost level. There is definitly something wrong if you're only making just over 300.

Bad tunning :nono:

Doesn't the new evo run LESS then 20psi making the same numbers ? WTF

all i can say is that I have a SBR-G50 and the car runs great, come on guys SBR knows there shit, and there own turbo, but i dont know, if someone has mods similar to me, put up your SAFCII corrections across the board and lets compare.

I wish one of you 400 hp 50 trim guys was close to me, so you can see whats so bad with my tune.

LOL

if they wideband tuned your car... try to get a printout from them...

also, if all else is well.. check your compression like 1fast97GSX suggested... takes 10 mins and will give you one less unknown variable.

compression is between 170 and 180 across the board, and yes i have a datalogger

I was under the impresion the g50 was just renamed pte 50 trim? I have ran 11.7 and 122mph trap with pump gas and water injection. No dyno numbers, but I think 122mph trap is more then 300.
Tyler

i will try to post some 3rd gear pulls, however I have never posted logs from a datalogger on here before, anyone have any hints and tricks........LOL, I dont really know what you guys are going to see on logs but I will try to have them up by the middle of the week.

Tyler

Log timing, O2, and rpm. We will be able to tell if you are knocking or not. If you aren't then you should be able to turn up the boost a bit and retune if neccesary. If you are knocking then you can tune out the knock and you will go faster/make more power

2.4L SB G50 Trim owner here. I dynod with my old 4g63 /w the SB G50 @ 15 Psi. Made 276HP/ 260torque(didnt want to push my old motor too much). I will be at the next Dyno day Dec 3rd and give a dyno sheet of a 2.4L SB G50Trim results @ 25-28 PSI /w C116. As far as ive experianced with this turbo. I thought my car was fast with the 2.0 and the 50trim at 15PSI. Then I added race gas OMG the rush. Then I got my new 2.4L in and put the nessessary break in miles on it. bumped it up to 20PSI /w Race gas OMG OMG :sneaky: I have to litterally hold on for dear life. Now getting ready to bump it to 25 PSI and see how she runs. All in all, you MUST give that turbo some more Boost. Go get some race gas. Because just by adding in 101 or maybe 110 or 116 you get rougly 30hp with the gas itself then you can run 5 more lbs of boost on top. I belive your playing with the mid range of the turbo when its made to be Ran at 25+ PSI for max efficiency. Even if its on race gas. You WILL get the HP you want. Just have to tune and get within that efficiancy range of that big ol snail.

yea they provided me with a AFR print out, here it is

Attachments

• AFR-dyno-1.jpg
    AFR-dyno-1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 364
just to let you guys know, SBR does there pulls in 4th gear, because they said that 4th is closest to a 1:1 ratio. This may help you guys determine the prob, but i still could use some instructions of how to post logs froma datalogger on here. Also decided to do a top end pull today in 5th, and it was pulling hard running dreat until 5000rpm then it just fell stopped accelerating, like a rex limiter or fuel cut was happening. can someone describe what fuel cut feels like so maybe i can isolate the issue!

thks for all your help guys

boostyGST said:
just to let you guys know, SBR does there pulls in 4th gear, because they said that 4th is closest to a 1:1 ratio. This may help you guys determine the prob, but i still could use some instructions of how to post logs froma datalogger on here. Also decided to do a top end pull today in 5th, and it was pulling hard running dreat until 5000rpm then it just fell stopped accelerating, like a rex limiter or fuel cut was happening. can someone describe what fuel cut feels like so maybe i can isolate the issue!

thks for all your help guys

Does your head slam into your steering wheel? If not, it's not fuel cut. Were you knocking at all when this happened?

That A/F chart looks crazy. If you cant figure out how to post logs, just type it out, RPM, Timing and O2. Make sure it is a 2nd or 3rd gear pull at full throttle.

I have had a G57 for a year and a half or so... I never could figure out what the difference was between the 50 and the 57 model other than "a bit bigger" by the website.

I put down 260WHP on a dyno dynamics (which if you do all that "conversion" to the mustang dyno it's closer to 300WHP). This is on pump gas, 550cc injectors, 19psi, and a supra sidemount, exhaust blah blah. My timing was around 18 degrees. I have pushed this bad boy to a 12.2@121mph on race gas and around 26psi once or twice, and with those traps if I was a better driver I'm sure it would be high 11's.

It seems that maybe you are knocking since with bigger injectors and cams you should be able to push more boost and more power. I just logged into this thread and I am totally curious about those of you who have this series of turbo. The SBR site said that this turbo is rated for the 400ish HP. I just put in a FMIC and would love to try the dyno this winter on race gas just to see how much I can make with this G57 before I think about dsmlink or cams... and of course bigger injectors and fuel pump. Sorry I'd love to figure out how much airflow I'm making.. but I don't have DSMlink. Anyone out there with a G57? :)

blcknspo0ln said:
I agree. It should look A LOT smoother than that..

Why? They used A/F ratio to spool it quicker, instead of timing..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back