The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

What do you think of my dyno day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostyGST

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2004
Flintstone, Maryland
SBR-G50, Manley valvetrain, 1mm over valves, 680cc inj, FPR, 3in Exhaust, External dump, stock bottom end, stock intake mani(ported), stock exhaust mani(ported), 1G TB, Greddy 24R, SAFCII, HKS 264/272 cams

I just feel kind of dissappointed, only 307HP @20psi, this was on pump gas however, what do you guys think of it.

Go ahead and destroy me if you want, all the work and only 307hp.

What do you guys think i should do to increase my power

Attachments

• dyno50trim2.jpg
    dyno50trim2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,420
With correction factor my car made 303awhp on pump gas with the small 16g @ 20spi

But every car is different id say you are missing some HP but put in some race gas and see what happens.

this has upset me greatly. :cry:

I have every bolt on you could get besides cams and an SMIM, I was hoping for at least 350 fwhp. Then I was expecting somewhere around 370-380 with SMIM and cams ..

I hope there is some seriously crazy boost leak that you find within the next couple days and go back and dyno close to 350. otherwise I am going to sell this stupid ass turbo and buy a 20g

*edit* just noticed on AF curve, did you dyno this untuned?

More boost and/or more timing will help. 20 psi on a 50 trim is not exactly in its sweet spot.

they tested for boost leaks prior to any tuning, and i had a few, they were completely fixed and retested, they car was "low throttle" tuned and the "high throttle" was just tuned enough for me to drive the car to there safely.

The first couple of pulls was so rich he could not even do a baseline pull, so he leaned out, he kept leaning until my AFR was right @ 11.6 where appearently he said it should be.

He showed me several graphs of other 2G's similar to mine with 50 trims and they were all putting down the same #'s .

I dont know man !!!!

2gGSX said:
More boost and/or more timing will help. 20 psi on a 50 trim is not exactly in its sweet spot.

well do you know exactly where the sweet spot on a 50 trim is, and what methods do i have of adding timing........LOL

boostyGST said:
well do you know exactly where the sweet spot on a 50 trim is, and what methods do i have of adding timing........LOL

Generally high 20's (26+) have consistently given people good results, but it all depends on the car, the tune, etc. As far as controlling timing, you'd have to go DSMlink or MSD ignition system.

99gst_racer said:
boostyGST - Have you been to the track with it on that tune? I'd be curious to see what you'd trap....

No i have not been @ the track yet, however I can tell you this, i know 307hp on pump is kind of small power compared to the dsm community, however the guys @ SBR know what the hell they are doing, my car runs freaking AWESOME, on the dyno I was only running 92Oct, he said with higher octane I could run around 320+.

The funny thing is, even with the power I have right know it will peel tires all the way through third, and that is with a LSD in the front......LOL

But i think i will be able to get rid that once i get some good rubber on there.

I talked to the guys @ SBR the day after I got it tuned, and they explained to me some interesting things about 50 trims, first off, yea on this site, alot of peoples post that they are making 350+ power on 50 trims, well this is all dependent on the type of 50 trim they are running, I have a G50, now it does not to be said that there some WAY MORE radical 50 trims out there, that can make WAY MORE power. I mean they told me all types of technical shit, but that is the bread and butter of what they told me.

All and all i am happy with what I have, and @ least it is running AWESOME and DEPENDABLE!!!

Tyler, thks for your responces, anymore are welcome, advice is welcome as well.

that's BS..

i bought the slow boy G50 because they said and advertise it will perform just as well, if not better than other competing 50 trims. If it's not up to par with these other 50 trims, I should have gotten a green, RS49T, RS60T, t-netics 50 trim, PTE50 trim.. etc

:notgood:

I will go to the dyno as soon as my car is running again... and hopefully my results will be better and give all other g50 owners hope

blcknspo0ln said:
that's BS..

i bought the slow boy G50 because they said and advertise it will perform just as well, if not better than other competing 50 trims. If it's not up to par with these other 50 trims, I should have gotten a green, RS49T, RS60T, t-netics 50 trim, PTE50 trim.. etc
Isn't the RS60T a 60-trim?? Also, doesn't Slowboy use Turbonetics to make their G50?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though my buddy's G50 came with a t-netics CHRA.....

Also, judging by your traps, you're probably putting down 300-315 WHP.

A local guy here just put down 310WHP on a G50. He runs a 1G engine, 264cams and around 21 psi of boost. This was all tuned at Tapp Auto, previous home of the 9 sec street driven talon.

So, I would say 307WHP at 20psi is tuned fairly well.

99gst_racer said:
Isn't the RS60T a 60-trim?? Also, doesn't Slowboy use Turbonetics to make their G50?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though my buddy's G50 came with a t-netics CHRA.....

Also, judging by your traps, you're probably putting down 300-315 WHP.

I only mentioned the rs60 because it was in the same price range.

that's the thing, i bought this turbo because I wanted to move out of the 300 whp range (Ihad an e316G). otherwise I would have just spent the extra cash on cams for the 16G or a whole different turbo.

I'm still crossing my fingers it's in the tuning

blcknspo0ln said:
I only mentioned the rs60 because it was in the same price range.

that's the thing, i bought this turbo because I wanted to move out of the 300 whp range (Ihad an e316G). otherwise I would have just spent the extra cash on cams for the 16G or a whole different turbo.

I'm still crossing my fingers it's in the tuning
In all honesty, the 50-trim is only capable of flowing about 5 lbs/min more than the e316G. IMO, the only way to make a 50-trim make more power than the e316g is to push it to it's limits (or at least past 44 lbs/min.) And that will take running more than 20 psi.

I am flowing my 50-trim to about 40 lbs/min and I'm pretty sure I'm right around 300-310 WHP. To get to 400 whp, you usually need cams, a good tune (no knock, good timing), and high enough boost to be flowing it close to 50 lbs/min.

When do you plan on going to the dyno?

well it is good to hear that I am not the only one that is running 310whp on my G50,

BLKnSpoolin, i wish all the luck bro, but SBR knows there shit, and they explained there own turbo to me in detail........LOL!

But hope can tell the tale!!

If you have a stock internal motor have it tuned for no more than 22. I would do a compression and boost leak test on the car as that power seems low.

damn man, thats awesome you are running 25 pounds on 92, just curious, what do you have done, what turbo, and what was you knock count while tuning, or if you know your afr that would help me out as well.

Knock is pretty much 0. I have to let the intercooler cool down between runs though, a/f is pretty rich, about 10.8-11. You have to pull a lot of timing to do it. Some people would rather have the timing advance but I prefer to have more boost. Mods are in my profile.

agp t3/t4 50 trim owner right here.

400 whp(mustang dyno)--20 psi--pump gas!

11.7 @117-118

:rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back