The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

what do you think is the DSM's main rival?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^^^ YES
PEople that buy new cars

anyways mustang drivers are just douche bags all around to any driver i own camaros so ive met a fair amount of mustang drivers they think they car is built FORD TOUGH

I would have to say Honda. The first week i had my GSX i had at least ten little Hondas try and race me. It wasnt even worth wasting gas over them.

man you guys must have some fast hondas in your towns or slow dsm's. ### unless they have a big turbo there not fast.

as ricer as it sounds, around here if your not putting down 450+ or running 10's your not fast.

In this order

1. Trans Am WS6 and Camaro SS

2. Mustangs GT, Cobra and GT 500

3. Subaru WRX

4. SRT-4s

5. Bikes

6. Other 4g63s

7. Any sr20det nissan

8. k20 hatch

Any Honda that isnt a k20 hatch is a rice burner plain and simple, not even worth giving the blow off.

Most Supras are far faster than my Talon so I wouldn't poke at one unless I had a built motor and huge turbo.

this. i would put evo's above sti's.

The cars that always try to mess with me and are usually close races are Subie's and SRT-4s.

Probably didn't help that I had a Pacman eating the pink STI logo on my back bumper right above the exhaust.

Last edited:
I dont see evo's as our rivals. They are mitsu's just like dsm and plus i own both LOL. But honda owners as they think their swaped civics can beat anything.

Celica all-trac. Even the add disses them saying they're price was higher.

Celica all-trac. Even the add disses them saying they're price was higher.

I forgot all about the Celica All-Trac, definitely a good rival for the GSX and TSi (us NT's can take on the GT/S's LOL) Only problem with the All Trac though is they're so damn rare.

Srt-4 is a 420a with a turbo?:rolleyes: I don't mess with dsm's around here; mainly because I gawk at them too much, know their potential, and tickets are bad. I think some of you guys are mixing up "rival" with "hate" especially with all the votes for Honda.

honda's are like a warm up if anything, there not much competition to be called a rival. there isnt even a need to downshift or anything you will beat them regardless.
I wish there were more people willing to race in my area!!
no one races here.

Lot of Honda owners run their mouth on the local forums over here. They will never actually throw down or talk trash when an actual GSX shows up though. They will trash it on the forums later, however.

Lot of Honda owners run their mouth on the local forums over here. They will never actually throw down or talk trash when an actual GSX shows up though. They will trash it on the forums later, however.

I dont hang around any Honda owners, they really arnt in the same class as anything fast, its like having a pontiac sunfire cruising with ws6s and evos, not cool at all. They are mostly young kids with no experience what so ever in building engines. The real Hondas that run 10s all day the usually only at the track throwing down, not in the streets show boating to cars that would stomp them.

Usually how it goes. I invited a distant friend of mine to join me at speedworld one weekend so I could shut him up about how he "smokes me on the street". I kept telling him "Dude, I don't street race and I have never raced you, period." He drives a h22 'lude, thinks that thing is a rocket. Never did get him to race me, but I did let him take it for a drive. "Yeah.....You'd beat me..." ROFL

I dont hang around any Honda owners, they really arnt in the same class as anything fast, its like having a pontiac sunfire cruising with ws6s and evos, not cool at all. They are mostly young kids with no experience what so ever in building engines. The real Hondas that run 10s all day the usually only at the track throwing down, not in the streets show boating to cars that would stomp them.

+2. I would always get taunted by a supercharged "cavy" 4 door, he would always get next to my window and smash the pedal to let me hear the blower scream. Left a note on his window one day that basically said either meet me at the track or your ####. He ended up running a 14.5 to my 13.4. Lol, 'nuff said.

Main rival i think is the toyota the supra mk4

no I think the 3000GT is the competitor for the supra.

3000GT vs Supra
Evo vs STI
GST vs SRT4
GSX vs WRX
Civic vs TC/Celica
N/T DSMs vs Civics integras crxs?
S2000 vs 350Z

but overall, the main rival to all...... are the Honda drivers who think their Honda is a Ferarri and talk down ANY other drivers car :rolleyes:

I've always thought SRT4s were a big rival.

A little side note, if you ever want to piss off an SRT4 driver and you have a 4 door car. Honk/rev at them and roll down your back windows. All SRT4s back windows are cranks. They don't like this much haha.

^I don't really care because I piss you off by being faster.

i go to school at UTI (its a car school is no one knows) so everyone there thinks their cars are fast. so here it can be anything from a Honda to an srt-8 jeep . there are a lot of boosted cars here tho, wrx's 240's with rb swaps, Mazda speed cars , boosted miata's and rx-7's and of course there are srt-4's and cobalt's so it really all depends on what mods are done to the dsm, for mine it tends to be skittles, mustangs with a few mods and the occasional corvette. Naturally tho as a DSM its true rival is a tow truck!

around me its full of hondas. they all think there bolt ons will help. and the ones that have really worked one are all "show' cars. ecspecially the middletown area its full of h-badges

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back