The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

what do you think is the DSM's main rival?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

But they have an especially sharp eye for passenger side hood bulges, three piece and highrise spoilers, pendulum shaped tailights, and aggressive front face fascias.

Last time I looked out over my hood the bump was on my drivers side. Or do you have a RHD?

My neighbor is a Honda guy. He's currently in the middle of a B16 swap with his Civic. When my friend comes over with his STi, all my neighbor can think about is turbo-ing his swap when he gets done. He told me tonight when he gets the swap finished and his turbo in, he wants to run me. From a dig, he doesn't have a shot (without slicks anyway). From a roll, 19psi at WOT, is hard to hang with. He will have me in weight though. Could be interesting...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

^ more like the tow truck bed....it's killed more lips, front-ends, exhausts....

Last time I looked out over my hood the bump was on my drivers side. Or do you have a RHD?

My neighbor is a Honda guy. He's currently in the middle of a B16 swap with his Civic. When my friend comes over with his STi, all my neighbor can think about is turbo-ing his swap when he gets done. He told me tonight when he gets the swap finished and his turbo in, he wants to run me. From a dig, he doesn't have a shot (without slicks anyway). From a roll, 19psi at WOT, is hard to hang with. He will have me in weight though. Could be interesting...

In my neck of the woods there's an 11 sec NA EK hatch, a sleeper k20 swap.

Now this might make some people shake their heads. In my area there are the usual ford, chevy, subaru, honda, etc... guys. They talk some smack but it is friendly motorhead stuff with mutual respect. The rival it seems in my area is Cummins. That's right. Every time i'm on the highway or local business route, A 2500 chipped diesel always wants to run. I'm a cummins fan and have respect for those in the know. These guys in my area are funny. I'll give 'em a 3rd gear pull and their impressed with the DSM. Followed shortly after in a parking lot, (diesel guy) "Hey that thing(dsm) runs. What do you have done to it?" (me)" Stock turbo, stock fuel system with a tune and a few bolt ons." (diesel guy) "No way". I then leave letting them think whatever they'd like. Did anyone ever tell them about power to weight ratio?

FOxbody's I own one now and its a built 302 and it imo will beat my old dsm . As for the guys shit talking v8's cut it out! Now that i own a domestic i've had more imports rev at me and im in a lowered lx notchback making 300whp and over 340lbs of torque .... I never under stood why domestic guys and import guys went back and forth given i was revved at when i had my nissans and dsm but never as much as now... My cars an easy 12 second car and it still has stock heads and cam and stock rearend.....

Sorry about my rant but don't hate on torque a turboed 4 banger will not have the torque of a v8 no matter of a turbo or not . I love dsm's but my foxbody phhh instant response from the ponies under the hood is just plain well badass.

I think its anything jdm.

i go to school at UTI (its a car school is no one knows) so everyone there thinks their cars are fast. so here it can be anything from a Honda to an srt-8 jeep . there are a lot of boosted cars here tho, wrx's 240's with rb swaps, Mazda speed cars , boosted miata's and rx-7's and of course there are srt-4's and cobalt's so it really all depends on what mods are done to the dsm, for mine it tends to be skittles, mustangs with a few mods and the occasional corvette. Naturally tho as a DSM its true rival is a tow truck!

Im going to school there!

From my experience, a rival is something that gives you a good run for your money.
Honda's for the most part don't fit that category. For the most part the people that I think are cool are the built GT 4.6's, built LS1's, Audi S line, MkIV Supra's, FD RX7's, and the occasional balls to the wall MR2.

From my experience, a rival is something that gives you a good run for your money.
Honda's for the most part don't fit that category. For the most part the people that I think are cool are the built GT 4.6's, built LS1's, Audi S line, MkIV Supra's, FD RX7's, and the occasional balls to the wall MR2.

I agree. Most of us call out Honda tho, because they challenge anything and everything. Everyone keeps calling out the MK. 4 Supra. I can't say I have had the chance to run one, but IMO the MK. 4 is a totally different class of car. FD RX-7, maybe. It all depends what you have done to the car.

And Now built to the nuts infinity's! 0.0

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back