The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what do you think is the DSM's main rival?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands down my wife LOL. She never can understand why I need to spend money upgrading LOL. You already have a turbo why do you need a bigger one. But on a serious note out here gotta be hondas for sure and anything rice. Im not sure but I guess they like to watch my taillights LOL.

LOL i agree

Honda hands down

Turbo or not they always seem to think their lightweight body/chassis paired with the Vtec engine can stomp a DSM (well not all, but most think that way)

"DSM's are a joke, they always crankwalk" :rolleyes:

Diesel trucks. TONS of them around here, lots of fast ones too. Ive never had anybody try to race me.
Back when our cars came out id ay the biggest competitor was the mustang or the 300zx but the 300zx was more in the price range of the 3kgt. I always like to compare myself to the corvette, its a benchmark to judge against.

My vote would have to be the Subys. I don't see Honda's as even being relevant besides the fact that the majority of the population owns them. To me the rival would have to share some of the same characteristics....AWD/Turbo/ETC.

In this order

1. Trans Am WS6 and Camaro SS

2. Mustangs GT, Cobra and GT 500

3. Subaru WRX

4. SRT-4s

5. Bikes

6. Other 4g63s

7. Any sr20det nissan

8. k20 hatch

Any Honda that isnt a k20 hatch is a rice burner plain and simple, not even worth giving the blow off.

Most Supras are far faster than my Talon so I wouldn't poke at one unless I had a built motor and huge turbo.

I would have to say Subarus and SRT4's, they seem to be the only ones who wanna try DSM's. Most of the Honda drivers around my area already know what time it is when they see the high wing. LOL

Reliability issue. And bunch knocks Our car break down a loott

Subaru's mainly. But srt4's mustangs(there is a lot here) some Honda's as there are a few quick one's around here.

What no Cobalt SS mention just saying though.

Nobody really messes with me around here except for a newer style 240 turbo'd but every time I try to race him he always has his car in the shop hmmmmm.....

When our cars came out new, the competetors were:

Integra/Civic
240SX
Celica All-Trac
Any other small inexpensive sports car

A highly moddified DSM:

Mustang/Camaro
All Hondas
Anything that thinks they are going to outrun us and then get owned.

When our cars came out new, the competetors were:

Integra/Civic
240SX
Celica All-Trac
Any other small inexpensive sports car

A highly moddified DSM:

Mustang/Camaro
All Hondas
Anything that thinks they are going to outrun us and then get owned.

One of the first responses I've seen that makes sense and I agree with. Of course the OP didn't specify then or now.

Back then, DSMs were sporty econoboxes with a turbo inline-4 and either fwd or awd. The 1gs were under $20k new, so anything that fit that price bracket and was a cheap sporty car would be the DSM's rival in the market at the time. That doesn't include the Impreza, which wasn't even turbo from the factory until the early 2000s in the US.
Same with the 2gs. Whatever was in their market, was their rival.

Today on the other hand.....well let's see, everything that goes fast and has four wheels. I don't think we have a rivalry like Evo/STI or Mustang/Camaro.

My vote has to be SRT-4's and Honda/Acura. Why a SRT-4 wants to take down a fellow Mitsubishi/Chrysler product still amazes me. They are basically a factory turbo 420A! I would say Evolution but they have our badges, too.

The scene is mainly Honda and Acura here but they are all so crappy looking, poorly put together and neglected. But they have an especially sharp eye for passenger side hood bulges, three piece and highrise spoilers, pendulum shaped tailights, and aggressive front face fascias.

They definitely want to show or prove something once they see us, thats for sure. We have defintley proven ourselves a threat, turbo and N/T alike.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back