The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What do you think....is the dealership liable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khartley

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Faith, South_Dakota
I'm having nothing but problems in the DSM world right now. My 91 GSX needs a new engine (jumped timing) but this is what really pisses me off:

I took my 95 GS to the dealership to have them replace the waterpump and the timing belt. They did it, and I picked up the car the same day. The next day I hop in it to go get my tax return, I pull into the parking lot and the car just dies. After messing with it a few minutes I decide that it has to be something the dealership did. So I tow it back there, and after they look at it, they tell me the tensioner broke and the timing belt skipped 4 teeth (or whatever you call that). So they proceed with putting a new tensioner on, and then call me back saying that the car still wont start, and that there are bent valves. They are saying it's going to cost me over $700 in labor alone to fix it.

This is total BS...shouldn't they have to fix it for free??? He is saying that if it was their fault, I would have never made it out of the parking lot with it. He says that it's just unfortunate luck.

What do you guys think I should do?

If the dealership changed the timing belt and replaced the tensioner, then the replaced tensioner broke, it's their fault. Especially if it's only been a few days. If they give you shit, pm me the particulars as I work at a dealership myself and can run it by my service manager to see exactly what he has to say.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back