The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

What do you think about 04 Tiburon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmfreak95

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2008
jackson, Tennessee
I was wondering what you guys thought about a 04 tiburon Gt 6 speed, I know it's not a dsm or anything LOL but I'm lookin at buying one for a daily driver But it may mean losing the dsm, so are they good cars, and as far as power what do you guys think?I'd love to supercharged it but not that rich yet LOL. Any advice or info about it would be great. Just thought I'd ask because it may have to take the place of my dsm.Also are there alot of parts for them.

If both are bone stock without you raising boost at all that sounds right, you have an auto right?

Not a bad looking car but slow with very little aftermarket potential.

Yeah I noticed that there is hardly any aftermarket parts for them. If I get it thought I would only want to do a little to it like exhaust, lowering, and rims. I know it was be as fast as the eclipse I own now but would it be more reliable and maybe a little better then my dsm?

they are really reliable but lack a lot on the power side of things. just depends on what you want more. If its reliability get ride of the dsm and if its power stay with a dsm.

very little aftermarket potential, theese are the ones you will say: damn i wish they make this and that for it... then you will loose the love!!!

Yeah if your looking for an A to B car then prob would be your best choice. Hyundai's are fairly realiable cars.

Id say get the tibby if you just want looks, and a good sounding engine. Power wise their slooooowww. I raced one with a intake and an exhaust in my lil ol 5spd zx2 and walked all over it.

I might be a fan of them if they were rear wheel or awd. Personally, if I were buying a car that's in that class, it's be a cobalt ss or scion tc. I'm also a big fan of mazda but I don't know that I'd drive a mazda if it wern't a speed. Cobalt or tc ;)

I have a dd tibby! not bad and good on gas..gets from a to b..and hasnt left me stranded yet like the dsm has....LOL

I have one (06 Se) and they are :D They actually do have a ton of aftermarket parts for them however. Mines been lowered, rims, headers, exauhst, d/s rotors, remote start, sts, hid, tint, intake, cf hood, etc. They have plenty of vendors on newtiburon.com. Also you can supercharge the v6 for about $3500 which is a little pricy but the whine sound is :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back