The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

what do you NOT like about your dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like having a reasonably rare car in my area. Nobody knows what the heck it is anymore, and the people that do used to have one, or still have one in some state of build. The NT's are pretty much going away now and the only ones left on the road are either clapped out junk, or nice ones.

I like bringing them back to life and enjoying the hell out of them.

The only complaint I have about my car currently is the passenger side brake squeaks every now and then, and they kinda suck...

I need to look at that.

I hate having to go to the passenger side to unlock the car because the key wont work in the driver side

has this happened to any one else it has happened to me in two different cars I have owned:idontknow:

the 6 holes on each side of the rear where my low spoiler screws into. and I cant go wingless or have a high rise, who ever thought of that was stupid I cant stand that spoiler!

also I cant open my driver door with the key without the alarm going off :(

^^ U need to either put the alarm switch back on the lock inside the door panel or you need a new switch! I had that happen before. And also my locks got all messed up from people trying to break in :(. I was able to remove the tumblers and sorta rebuild them, works good now. ;)

Having one cupholder for me is not enough. I hate how i have to wrestle with it to put a bottle of sweet tea in there. Also the easily breaking door handles.

I have two cup holders, but I have to open up my arm rest to access them. Definately not very pratical. Aso, not a fan of the stock shifter in the 1g, I feel like I'm grabbing a horse D**** every time I shift gears. That thing definately neads to go.

I feel like I'm grabbing a horse D****
How/why do you know what that feels like? WTF

:)

One thing i have (had) a love-hate relationship with was the automatic seat belt. While most of the time it was a convenience, it did catch the sun visor and break it. Also moving seat belt buckle is kinda pointless in a 1G since you still had to manually unto the lap belt. Trust me, forgetting about it and trying to get up really hurts.

I've never liked the off boost power in any of my DSM's. Too heavy of cars for the response they have out of boost.

I just hate how mines always always breaking down.... costing me a lot of money to keep the old girl going. Plus the inconvenience of the tranny being under the frame rail, always take off paint when pulling the engine with out fail.

The extended visits it gets in the garage hahaha. And the rust @#@kk the rust.

I dont lik that someone else owns mine now. Ive missed it since I sold it. If I could buy it back itd be mine again and Id love every part of it.

1. Leaking hatch.
2. 90s red interior
3. The DSM hood hump
4. Transmission grinds
5. Idle surge

And my BIGGEST complaint is the previous owner. Took me about a year to clean up hacked wiring and rigged 'fixes' that the last jackass thought was a good idea.

I would also say interior. So cheap and rattles.
Next would be reliability. I feel bad for getting on it, because I'm afraid something i going to break.

Being afraid to go near it because everytime I do something else breaks, ie. last time it was the driverside door handle. Oh, and those (insert expletives) fuel rail spacers, that every time you drop one, gets swallowed up by the engine bay, usually you can find them after quite a long search, last time I had to give up, going to have to order a new one...and of course they're plastic so you can't grab it with a magnet when you do find it and can't reach it. Also its always leaking something or another. Currently its leaking oil out of the driverside fuel rail bolt hole, which has me a little baffled. And all the broken off bolts I've discovered.

Aside from the above, the fact that I can't buy a brand new one that doesn't have a plethora of issues, or at least be able to get the restoration parts it needs. And the fact that there currently isn't a suitable replacement manufactured that interests me and is in my price range. Nobody makes an affordable awd sports coupe atm(I don't want a 4dr hence no evo/sti, and the audi TTs are ugly imo). I love the car to pieces, I just wish it wasn't old, worn out and always breaking bc of it.

Fixing all the screw ups from the last owner, LOTS of screw ups. Ive owned this car for less than 6 months and have had to spend some time atleast once a week every week since ive had it to fix it, and the deeper ive gotten into it the more i find wrong with it. Ive finally gotten it to a state where i have no check engine light and it runs like its supposed to.

Also worn out hatch shocks
Worn out struts
Weak stock brakes

I really don't like the past being mysterious with the car I just bought. Other then that everything else can be fixed or changed with time and money.

Am I the only one who hates the high rise dash above the instrument cluster? Lol I think I'm gonna chop it off and do some custom work cause I hate it so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back