The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

what do you NOT like about your dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipped bumper and hood. It's a sunroof car, no headroom. +1000 other things.

+1 on the turning radius, the interference motors, crank walk, mas's, burnt out convertible top motors. On a personal note the fact that 4 of my friends have backed into all 4 corners my car with there big redneck trucks because "I couldn't see that micro machine parked behind me"

On a 1G the cigarette lighter is place so that it's impossible to drive the car with any kind of power adapter plugged in. Not so much a problem if you have an automatic, maybe.

Other than that, the spoiler on the back looks like a perfect seat to your average drunken idiot in a concert parking lot, and said rear spoiler also seems to hide some very irritating water leaks.

Otherwise, best car ever manufactured!

I like the interior, pretty comfortable and looks nice.

HOWEVER, I have a size 14w shoe and my boots get caught under the dash. Also my knees hit the wheel... but still comfortable.

Don't like my ozidized paint, peeling CF hood, and the 2 scratches & dent on teh passengerside from when I hit my fence. And my wheels, but those getting replaced next summer

my front and back bumper and heavy ass leather seats. getting my 99 bumpers put on with fron rmdsm lip and 386 backlip. seats I'm getting Brides and sending my backseat to match them too.

All you guys saying you don't like the way it handles... you all drive 2g's right? I'd say that's my favorite thing about my 1g, it sticks to the road like a fly in superglue.

Dislikes:
Exhaust sounds like ass after almost $1000, brand new header-back.
Can't fit anybody in the back seat comfortably unless my knees are pressed against the steering wheel.
Cup holders being inside the center console (and being the ONLY things under the console lid)

I hate the rattles and noises it makes. My roommates Evo is plain ol' quiet in comparison.

I hate this on any 1g dsm

Attachments

• machv_2085_15895196.jpg
    machv_2085_15895196.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 444
I hate this on any 1g dsm

Me too, and how one side is $70 and the other side is DISCONTINUED.

I was lucky enough to be digging around my garage and randomly come across a pair of brand new ones. :D

I think I have one side too that's cracking but not all flaked off.

My worn to hell suspension. Upgrade time next year ! :rocks:
Ditto. This is my #1 problem.

Mileage. Moody. Cheap interior. Hood chips.

I currently have more than 155 chips in my hood. That was the last count as of a year and a half ago. I know there are more now.

Poor turning radius and poor placement of the ONE cup holder.
These two are my girlfriend's biggest complaints.

To put the turning radius in perspective:
99 Eclipse GSX -- Turning Circle: 38.1 ft. (Source: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse specs, auto safety at Edmunds)
99 Dodge Ram 4x4 -- Turning Circle: 40.9 ft. (Source: 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 specs, auto safety at Edmunds)
99 Ford Taurus Wagon -- Turning Circle: 38.0 ft. (Sorce: 1999 Ford Taurus specs, auto safety at Edmunds)

Yes, her 16.5' long Taurus Wagon turns in a smaller circle than my 14.5' long Talon. :ohdamn:

Bah, the belt moldings are an easy fix. I hate the window crank digging into my left knee for the last 20 years. One day I'll find one at wreckers I can get the door skins and regulators from with power windows. And a school bus has a better turning circle.

I hate the window crank digging into my left knee for the last 20 years. One day I'll find one at wreckers I can get the door skins and regulators from with power windows.

I wish you were closer, I would trade you the power windows for your manual ones!!!

I agree on the turning radius as well. Other than that I can't think of anything else I don't like about it. Then again it's also been sitting in my buddy's garage for the past 3 weeks waiting to replace an axle. I've been driving his '93 240sx since then and the turning radius on that thing is ridiculously better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back