The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
here’s a couple pics I took a couple weeks ago of my laptop after some pulls and street tuning with my car, getting her dialed in after a year and a half rebuild project LOL. I couldn’t be happier with the airflow I’m seeing from the fp red! I know my tunes not perfect but she pulls hard!

Attachments

• 0530B805-5FE4-4B52-AA2C-D273A6B503E6.jpeg
    0530B805-5FE4-4B52-AA2C-D273A6B503E6.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2835C72F-5F46-452B-9980-248737060AF4.jpeg
    2835C72F-5F46-452B-9980-248737060AF4.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 67
This is at 26 psi on stock cams with 2g maf and 950cc injectors, I’ve since bumped up fuel pressure from 40 psi to 43 psi and my idc’s are never above 84%. This is obviously where I’ll stop boost wise until I get bigger injectors and aftermarket cams. My main goals for this year is to run low 12’s LOL, upgrade suspension and just enjoy the car:hellyeah:

And to add 1 last reply to my own thread LOL I just want to say to anyone considering an fp turbo bolt on upgrade the fp red is bad ass:hellyeah: This thing spools plenty fast and I’m on a low compression 2.0, maybe I just have all the right timing in all the right places I don’t know but it spools fast, maybe it’s the stock cams? Regardless I’m just saying I’m glad I went with the red:thumb:

Just Asking. Not picking a fight here. Your air flow says 49 lb a minute, tps 88% so why does the hp and torque calculator are so low. I produce more power going up my stairs. Am I seeing something wrong? Great air flow, I was thinking going with the green for the street use. Also I believe you going past what 2g mass can handle or at the limit.

Yeah about that LOL, I accidentally deleted the torque and horsepower values a while back when I was messing with stuff. I tried re entering gear ratios and drivetrain loss ant the values came back but their clearly not accurate, they actually fluctuate up and down at idle and in motion. I also know I’m near the limit of my 2g maf, I plan to upgrade to the evo 8 this year. Any and all criticism is welcome as I know the tunes not perfect and I’m trying to contribute and not just be a wallflower. But anyways my been back in my driveway and out of my garage for 4 or 5 weeks now and I’m still just happy to be driving it again:thumb:

Also my airflow is consistantly more like 48 lbs/per which is why I took that picture as I couldn’t believe I was seeing almost 50 lbs/per min on rebuilt stock motor:rocks:

For what it's worth, in the horsepower preferences it goes something like this:

Speed correction - 1.00
First gear - 215
Second - 116
Third - 76
Fourth - 57
Fifth - 46
Drivetrain Loss - 0 for whp or .2 for default
vehicle mass - about 3400 stock with driver and half tank of fuel
Input smoothing - 4
Output smoothing - 3

Other than that, nice airflow numbers and those intake temps are definitely amazing for boost!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 10.03.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 10.03.34 AM.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 36
Hey guys thanks for the help:thumb: it was in the low 30’s that day so it definantly helped with the airflow, I’m sure come summertime they won’t be quite as high. Chrysler kid I’m not new to computers but obviously new to posting on this site, as that’s the closest I’ve come to posting a log LOL. Not sure what you mean by screen grab? Like I said I’m certainly here to learn, and I appreciate any help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back