The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittay

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2007
Boise, Idaho
K, so I've been thinking of going JDM/ EDM on the silver eclipse.

I was going to pick up the rear badge that says "ECLIPSE GSR-4" and the taillights and the folding mirrors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

But what do you guys think? Cool idea, or just waste of money? Also, do you think the taillights would look good against the silver car?

Here's my car:

As you can see, right now I'm badgeless. I kinda like it sleeper like that. But eh.. idk..

All opinions welcome :)

The mirrors might be of some use when parking in tight streets. Everything else is kind of useless and for looks. We have a word for those.

I would do it just to be different from the rest of the crowd.

If you really want the mirrors, get them. It is all about what you want, your car, your money. Personally, I would spend the money elsewhere than just to buy stock taillights that no one is even going to know you changed unless they really know their 1gs. I can't imagine the badge would be too much, but I wouldn't go any more than like $10-20. Anymore than that, it would seem like a waste of money. (Again, just my .02)

I would say mirrors and the GSR-4 badge just because it's different and it's actually a production of the eclipse, not like the kids that put "type-R" on every honda out there when it's really just an si or ex, dx etc... YOu would still be rocking badges from a turbo eclipse on a turbo eclipse :D pimpin!!

I can't say anything god about the tail lights, i like the "all red" of the stock USDM mitsu

There is no JDM for DSMs, as they're American cars.
The stickers you'll have to have made. Stocks are depleted, so far as anyone's been able to find out.

As for styling questions, it's not what we think. It's your car, it's what you think, and what you want to pay for.

50 bucks for his stickers or brochures...WTF?

The fact remains, if YOU want them, you'll be happy with them on your car; that is all that matters in the end.

:back to contemplating the old Porsche "Turbo" decal for my tails:
;)

LOL! One of those "what if" type things more than anything. I'm pretty much debadged as I hijack this thread.;)

I think I'll stick with the clean de-badged look.

I guess if I ever get my targa top shipped over here, then I'll make it awd and get the stickers.. LOL. That would be cool.

Sorry, sometimes I get a bit tacky!

You may have already made up your mind, but I say go for it. I've got EDM mirrors and tails and that is something that sets you apart from the thousands, maybe tens of thousands of other DSMs out there. Regardless of what's said it is unique.

BTW, I've read you other post and congrats on all you've accomplished.

i think the EDM tails would look sexy...not something you see alot anymore...and the mirrors, go for it...just makes your car more unique...just my .02.

I love the idea. It's one of those things that only those in the know will notice, and that's usually exactly who you're wanting to impress anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back