The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What do you do when you get depressed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipperXX

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Royston, Georgia
Yea so I feel like utter shit, what do you guys & gals do when your angery and depressed? I know better than to drive my car... dont think I have to explaine why :rolleyes:

Im in the same boat as you.. See "impound nightmares".

Umm.. lately i've been just sitting at home.. having shitty days at work.. talking to friends.. I dunno music.. just stuff to keep my car off my mind.. sooo depressing.

It's like someone stole it, raped it, and they get to keep I dont get it for another 3 and a half weeks.

well im depressed because of more female related issues.

Actualy for a while I was hateing my car... I was wanting something like a good ol beefy domestic RWD chevrolet powered SB...

hell im still thinking about that Formula.. OMG if you just heard the exhaust on that thing... makes me want to bust a nut every time I hear that thing. (Raised loveing good ol domestic V8 power)

I'll proably toss all the money into my damn dsm since I already have it... but jesus, you can get that car sideways without even taping the gas :laugh:

Best thing to do is to stay busy. I'm bipolar, so I deal with this quite often. If I can keep myself busy, I usually don't have time to think about things like that.

I, too, am bipolar. When I realize I'm depressed, I celebrate. It means I've shifted from my other pole of being deeply depressed.

I'd seriously consider putting up with disco to go back to the eighties.

Ah, mais c'est la guerre.

Defiant said:
I, too, am bipolar. When I realize I'm depressed, I celebrate. It means I've shifted from my other pole of being deeply depressed.

Lol, Been there done that.

Sex. It has helped me in the past. Or movies, music, sleep, swimming, anything to keep you active and not just sitting and thinking.

Go for a run, physical activity puts things into perspective and you'll be doing something productive and seeing new things.

I get all manic and buy crap for my car. I seem to feel better when it gets a bit faster. :)

masturbate

no really

ok j/k i listen to music/read/write, sounds like lame ass stuff but it helps.

working out helps alot too, just go for a run till you cant run anymore you'll feel alot better and get your mind off things.

When i had my liscense and my car id drive up to the country and just hit the nice deserted 1 lane roads.

what do i do when i get depressed??? get on dsmtuners!!!! there is always something here to put a smile on your face. :thumb:
and if that doesn't work, just figure out what makes you happy and do that. if you like to exercise, get a bowflex. i myself like to drive, so when i'm angry or depressed i find a nice road with nobody on it and crank my stereo and just drive.

sherloc123 said:
i thought if your depressed since acohol is a depressant it just gets worse? music and a nice run/car ride

Alcohol is not a depressant. :rolleyes:

1) alcohol is not a depressant unless something makes you remember why you were drinking in the first place

2) women shouldnt get you down because they like that. theyre evil even when they dont mean to be

3) marilyn manson, rob zombie and NIN were my aids in getting angry instead of depressed, and ususally when you get really angry you get happier easier afterwards, unlike being depressed which usually leads to boredom then depression again.

I am a manic depressive, but i smoke pot and forget why i was bothered.
some people say deal with your problems, but when you ALWAYS have a problem, why put yourself through stress. If theres a way to be happy when sad, despite morals or any BS like that you should do it.

go whack it. :D :thumb:

depressed for me=driving my talon. But my talon has a blown turbo, so now Ive turned to alcohol or sex.

Alcohol is a CNS depressant, basically meaning it slows down your brain - not that it makes you feel "depressed."

I listen to lots of music and try to learn how to play it on different instruments.
well if i am depressed, i listen to soft stuff, like eric clapton unplugged and some Dave, or any of that kind of stuff.
But if i am pissed off, i listen to slipknot's first and second album, along with some story of the year. but that is just me.

Yeah stay busy, My girlfriend is Prego right now so she has been treating me like utter shit, and when I try to talk to her about it she ignores me...Of course she is always right and never wrong. Right now she is the coldest most fridged bi*** on this planet...But I lover her more than life its self and my DSM

I've only depressed once.

I lift weights when i get depressed.

When you work out alot you have a chemical reaction where your brain releases endorphines so you feel better. Just work out and not only will you feel better but youll get in shape too :thumb:

The only thing i don't advize (advise... wateva) running.... that shit is a killer on the joints and last time i tired i almost :barf:ed, then again i was trying a long run that went hella steep and i hadent been working out recently so i was outta shape :thumbdown

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back