The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What did your car look like when you bought it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsegs98911

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2002
York, Pennsylvania
I am interested in buying a 1G that is running but the paint is horrible and the interior is a wreck. The engine and transmission runs but it has oil everywhere....normal DSM.... :rocks: . Anyway I know there are some 1G's out there and 2G's that took a junker and turned it into 11's. I am to call this guy tomorrow and tell him if I want the car for $900.00 and want to see what others have done. POST'EM UP! :dsm:

i don't have pixs cuz it just wasn't right to do so,i bought my car with a 147k primer body,with swirlys and stock old gray interior with most of the panels in the back seat :mad:,why i bout it who knows,maybe cuz i wanted one so bad and it had a turbo,and to a 16yr old,a small turbo can make you feel like your on top of the world.....any whom this is what it looks like now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Kingdingaling/Andys pixs/DSC04259.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Kingdingaling/Andys pixs/DSC00357.jpg

i bought the car in Decemeber 12 2004,that night i bought rims,and painted it blue,bought the body kit feb,and cracked it 2 weeks ago.my first engine mods where off my bro's 97 GSX (R.I.P to the X),intake, and BOV,and APEXI exhaust.i just bought a turbo upgrade,pulleys,new BOV,boostcontroller FMIC,and just need a 3" turbo back to call it a day-Andy :dsm:

My car looked like a piece of shit when I bought it, I guess it still looks the same.

Here is what my red one looked like the day before I bought it.. From a 50 year old owner lady. Got it with 60k miles on it, Bone stock. Most likly never even hit the stock boost in the carROFL My white tsi is next to it too. :tease: I also will attach a picture of the car now.

Attachments

• mine ya!.jpg
    mine ya!.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 399
  • my awd talon tsi.jpg
    my awd talon tsi.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 399
when i got the car it looked like :barf: sh*tty paint, dirt all over it and the driver's side seat was torn to hell. now it looks all pretty :) (seat is still torn to hell n im too poor to replace it)

i know the feeling of looking like crap when u got it look at my gallery :barf:

now i think she looks better :talon:

Yeah... paint still looks like that... I wanna get it painted the Grey that the Evo MRs are.

Attachments

• MyCar 017.jpg
    MyCar 017.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 377
This is the car the morning after I bought it
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The engine morning after I bought it

The car now. It was very dirty in this pic. Hadn't been washed in 2 weeks and was driven 100 miles that day.

The engine now.

Bought her with 65K original miles on the odo from the original owner who babied it. It's had synthetic oil all its life and I have the receipts to prove it. The owner gave me all the documents that came with the car including the window sticker and also all invoices of work done. Bought it bone stock and I am keeping it relatively stock. Only changed intercooler piping with hardpipes due to leaks on the stock radiator hose stuff and put a Type S on it since the original BOV was acting strange.

from geek to skeek LOL hahahaah the car did a mad make over internally and externally motor and all she now rocks a t28!!

Attachments

• green machine 4.jpeg
    green machine 4.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 291
My buddy just picked up a Lime green 95 talon with 48k. Some old guy owned it. Looks perfect, no window rattle, sunroof works, has a eprom and LSD. I couldn't get the pics to load. Almost smells new. Looks like it was a weekend driver.

Well after thinking about it I did not get the car. This thing was trashed. I am going to look at a 1G tomorrow. I thank you all for the pics, keep puting them up. It is amazing what paint a wrench can do! Good luck! :thumb:

Well after thinking about it I did not get the car. This thing was trashed. I am going to look at a 1G tomorrow. I thank you all for the pics, keep puting them up. It is amazing what paint a wrench can do! Good luck! :thumb:

It looked nice when I bought it.

3 Months later the clearcoat started flaking off. Gah.

I went from total hell(tan interior with wasted driver seat) to this.
2568368575481_468198.jpg

http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192909 Post #2.

When I first got it, it was mostly black with clear peeling on almost every part of the car. It also had full tan interior which is visible in the first pic.

Keep in mind, the interior is the first sign of the milage on the car. It could have sat some time but the weather will take its toll on the exterior. The interior tells the real story behind the life of the car.

eclipsegs98911 said:
I am interested in buying a 1G that is running but the paint is horrible and the interior is a wreck. The engine and transmission runs but it has oil everywhere....normal DSM.... :rocks: . Anyway I know there are some 1G's out there and 2G's that took a junker and turned it into 11's. I am to call this guy tomorrow and tell him if I want the car for $900.00 and want to see what others have done. POST'EM UP! :dsm:

Yah, I just bought a 90Tsi AWD for $700, but the interior is awesome. Here are hood pics:
Before

After

I bought my 96 gs from my bro (I just turned 16) its still the same but I love it LOL....

But I remember when he first bought it....all stock 96 stick shift with the smiley front bumper...you know all of the 96 gs parts. The paint was good but with some DSM chalky paint on the spoiler and in some random spots. Few nicks here and there, but overall a good/ nice first car. Threw on a cat-back, and bought some 17s, and repainted the entire car (same color just BRAND NEW PAINT) to show quality (thanks to my dad). Before paint he swapped the gs spoiler and got the gst/x spoiler. At that point it was a very slick car. Then he totaled the car.... front-end was toast, which inspired him to swap for the 2gb bumpers, carbon fiber hood. He sold it to me Febuary of this year and took the money and put it on a down-payment for a brand new SRT-4. Now Im a 16 year-old kid with a (not to be cocky) very nice eclipse rolling around. I just bought some racing buckets, and am looking to work on the suspension in a few months. Pics are in my profile.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back