The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do with your refund?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breezio69

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2012
SLC, Utah
Well, the title pretty much states all of the context of this thread. Just curious what other people do around taxmas time!

I put away the majority of my return then went and got me the following as a, "I've worked my ass off this year bonus".

Dpms Sportical AR 15 base model
Nikon P223 3-9x scope
Magpul moe stock od green
Magpul moe carbine length foregrip od green
Magpul moe pistol grip od green
Magpul trigger guard od green
Magpul angled foregrip od green
Magpul 30 round window pmags, 6 of them... in od green of course.

The gift that keeps on giving all year round!

Ill post pics when I get all the magpul stuff in. I had a coupon so I ordered it online for probably close to 25% off retail store prices, all I have at the moment is the rifle and scope... hopefully it all shows up by monday.

Here's a couple before pics
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I bought rims and tires for my 1g. I cant even take picks cause its always freaking snowing around here

Invested in medical marijuana stocks.

Very smart man considering one shop in Colorado raked in a hefty tax margin.

Nice rifle breezio, I knock the reliability in the ARs but liked my M4. Can't go wrong with it.

I should probably invest in mmj stock as well in washington. Any ideas on one of the more prominant farming companies?

Get in while it's cheap.
Some of these start at 1 cent per share LOL. Buy 10,000 shares? Wait a few years, who knows what could happen

Lets see.

FP Race Manifold (I mean... its ON SALE.!!! )
Stuff for battery relocation (NHRA Legal style)
BC272's
FFOFH
New knock sensor
New oil pressure sending unit for stock gauge
Autometer h2o temp/oil pressure/voltage gauges
3rd revision lifters
Jay racing alternator relocation kit(steel)
New CAS pigtail (YAY JNZ!)
Misc gaskets/bolts
a few other odds and ends to clean up things during my shell swap coming up.

and... A BRANDY NEW OEM DIPSTICK!

Going to be a down payment on an Evo X... although the stock option sounds more and more tempting.

Some of you need to stop loaning the government money.

I was thinking about link, even though my ignition, fuel and induction system is stock for now. I'd have to be able to get a good enough deal on a conversion of a non-eeprom 1g ecu, though.

I know I need a new clutch master cylinder, damper, and probably injectors.

Either way, the set of items or link will eat through the entire return. Didn't get much this year, never do.

I haven't gotten a tax refund in 2 years now. Unemployed college life sucks. After this 20 credit semester though I can finally have time to work again though. Only income has been flipping cars

Some of you need to stop loaning the government money.

I actually do this intentionally, for a few reasons.

1. Got burned on an HR employee's mistake, and for some reason I was claiming 4 dependents as a single guy. IRS wanted a LOT of money from a guy who only made 6 bucks an hour at the time. Took me like 5 years to pay it off.

2. I never know where I am going to be tax wise at the end of the year due to salary increases over the past 4 years, better safe than sorry.

3. I look at as a (albeit interest free) savings account. I physically cannot touch it, so therefore I can't spend it. Poor money management in the past has conditioned me to squirrel away every penny I can, and hide it from myself, even if I don't have those issues anymore, it has become a habit.

So yes, I intentionally overpay my taxes throughout the year, so I get a huge ass tax refund every year, and then I spend the majority of it on the DSM, making it a little better each time.

Claim single, and 0 dependents on the W4, and then Married filing jointly with 2 dependents (yes, my kids) on the 1040 = Wicked huge tax return.

I call this my plan for "Springtime Economic Stimulus" not "Temporary Baller Status".

If you aren't paying, aren't getting back, and are generally zeroed out; you're winning at the taxation game!

I got a decent return this year. So after paying a few bills, I had some play money.

first thing I did was buy an DPMS MOE Warrior AR15.

Than Picked up another 2g project, and ordered about $1500 worth of stuff to get it back into daily driver status.

Than bought a wrecked WRX to swap everything into my 01 Outback.

Lando and doublelot, before I had a kid I used to do what you guys are talking about. I'd claim like 6 for the first 5-6 months of the year and then drop to zero the last part of the year. I'd usually end up owing state and getting back enough federal to cover itband maybe go buy a burrito.

But its been nice having my two year old, being able to collect head of household and deduct tons of expenses. Lets say, the last two years have been, in my best borat voice, "very nice!"

And like I said, I actually put away most of it, I've spent $1100 of it on the rifle and im done with that... out of barely under 4, the rest is waiting for a vacay this summer with the family and doing a timing belt/changing clutch fork on my car coming up... if enough is left over, ill be buying some dallas cowboys tickets again, since its now a tradition to go every year.

Didn't get much this year, so I spent it on a Fluidampnr Pulley from STM. I have my taxes set up where I get most of my money during the year so I don't give the government as much of a loan.LOL

Only got my state back so far but picked this little guy up (crap pic i know). Fed = car parts :sneaky:

And love the AR, 5.56 or .308?

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 59
The AR I got is a 5.56/.223 gun. I would have loved to get a 308, but this one just happened to be priced wrong at my local gun store, and they sold it to me for the price it was marked. So it was a good deal. LOL.

Mine is a .223 as well, I have a bolt action .308 for the serious stuff :thumb:

I was really considering the ar10 just to mix things up, because this is my second ar. But I can't really justify spending almost double on the ammo to go through it almost as fast as .223. The bolt action is nice and slow shooting.

I hate waiting for shipping... LOL.

Edit: also, nice sks, my dad has a couple of them and that's my buddies "play" toy, since they are so cheap and all over the place. They all have the carbon stock setups with the folding buttstock. They are fun, but since having my last ar for 6-7 years, I don't like lugging those heavy beasts around. Its night and day holding them loaded.

You need to find a bayonet for that thing, my dads has one and it makes it look mean.

The AR I got is a 5.56/.223 gun. I would have loved to get a 308, but this one just happened to be priced wrong at my local gun store, and they sold it to me for the price it was marked. So it was a good deal. LOL.

haha sweet. Cant go wrong there. The .308 is a lot of fun though.

I mostly wanted 7.62 for the cheap ammo. 1000 rounds for $220 :hellyeah:

Found a deal on the sks, clean, all numbers matching, two site rails, tapco 20 round mag, two 50 round mags, and a box of ammo for $200.

Even had the butt stock cleaning kit still in it.

Mine is a .223 as well, I have a bolt action .308 for the serious stuff :thumb:

Hell yea

But I can't really justify spending almost double on the ammo to go through it almost as fast as .223.

Exactly why i got the 7.62 :D

Last edited:
Yeah the sks ammo is definately cheap, I think around here its about a dollar less per box compared to .223. Putting a "case" of loose boxes of .223 (50) at $299+ tax. Not too bad. My dad bought either two or three cases of 7.62 about a decade ago @ like $150 a case. And I believe they were 2000 rounds each. He still has almost all of it.

My plan, since I've only recieved my federal return so far, is to use my entire state return on ammo and save the rest of my federal return for a couple of already planned trips throughout the summer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back