The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swapped out the Sparco steering wheel for an OEM 1G Talon one! Woo! Also moved the gauges from various spots in the interior to a 3 pillar pod. Now I just need to get rid of these seats, man...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's before

This is after!

Yay! If anyone has an OEM center vent and wants that vent pod/thing in the center vent I'll trade you skrait up for it!

Swapped out the Sparco steering wheel for an OEM 1G Talon one! Woo! Also moved the gauges from various spots in the interior to a 3 pillar pod. Now I just need to get rid of these seats, man...

That's before

This is after!

Yay! If anyone has an OEM center vent and wants that vent pod/thing in the center vent I'll trade you skrait up for it!
I pondered getting a 1g steering wheel a couple years ago cuz I liked how it looked. Where did you find one?

I pondered getting a 1g steering wheel a couple years ago cuz I liked how it looked. Where did you find one?

I traded a moderator here my Sparco steering wheel for his OEM one. There was a couple more guys that reached out wanting to sell me theirs, but they were leather wrapped. I wanted the unwrapped/plastic one that wouldn't patch/tear apart with age.

I'd 100% post up a WTB ad here. Plenty of guys have one they wanna sell. :)

Got one but never gonna sell! :cool:
I would have to level those gauges with eye level Cory. Just sayin, ;)
And ya those seats gotta go!

Got one but never gonna sell! :cool:
I would have to level those gauges with eye level Cory. Just sayin, ;)
And ya those seats gotta go!

100% agreed. They're not mounted up, everything was just kinda loose fit so I could see how it was gonna go together and where the wires need to be routed. Once I mount them for good I'll adjust them to make sure they're level and good.

Replaced a valve cover gasket and PCV valve. Took out the factory head unit as it barely worked and ensured that the new one will fit without a install kit. I have to wait for the wiring harness to come in before I actually install it. I took out the rear speakers that no longer work and will be replacing when they make it in as well.

I FINISHED my project :thumb:
It starts, runs and has its wheels back on, ready to drive out of the shop!
Lots of tuning/break in stuff left but.....I FINISHED!!!

Thank you Larry, I wish I were closer to a lot of fellow members so we could ALL enjoy the shop! It is a blessing!

I did this today. (picked them up this weekend from Orlando. I'm so sorry to everyone who lives in or around Orlando. Your traffic is ATROCIOUS)

:D :D :D I never thought I would ever own black leather interior for a 1G ever. So stoked for this. Infinitely better than "racing" seats, a steering wheel the size of an appetizer plate, and some janky "racing" seatbelts that were bolted to the seat. Lol.

Also: Congrats Marty! Doesn't it feel amazing?

I did this today. (picked them up this weekend from Orlando. I'm so sorry to everyone who lives in or around Orlando. Your traffic is ATROCIOUS)

:D :D :D I never thought I would ever own black leather interior for a 1G ever. So stoked for this. Infinitely better than "racing" seats, a steering wheel the size of an appetizer plate, and some janky "racing" seatbelts that were bolted to the seat. Lol.

Also: Congrats Marty! Doesn't it feel amazing?
Glad you finally found some. I wouldn’t mind some black leather either. And yah traffic there is the worst. I hate when I have to drive there for work sometimes!

I DROVE my car for the first time in 6 years. Needs alot of fine tuning but it got me down the road and back. I will admit, I killed it 3 times getting it out of the shop and to the road.....that new twin disk is a tricky piece to work with, especially if you haven't got the pedal adjusted yet (because you haven't driven it yet). It is either ENGAGED or DISENGAGED, that is it. During my idle tune adjusting session, the fans came on and off as they should and when I did go drive, I didn't notice the 3rd gear grind going into gear as it used to (crossing my fingers on that one).
I am just happy I was able to drive it again, now to tune it good enough to get groceries or taunt others again. :thumb:

I DROVE my car for the first time in 6 years. Needs alot of fine tuning but it got me down the road and back. I will admit, I killed it 3 times getting it out of the shop and to the road.....that new twin disk is a tricky piece to work with, especially if you haven't got the pedal adjusted yet (because you haven't driven it yet). It is either ENGAGED or DISENGAGED, that is it. During my idle tune adjusting session, the fans came on and off as they should and when I did go drive, I didn't notice the 3rd gear grind going into gear as it used to (crossing my fingers on that one).
I am just happy I was able to drive it again, now to tune it good enough to get groceries or taunt others again. :thumb:

I admit, I'm antsy to drive mine too. It's been so long since I've driven a 1G.

I picked up a 92 6bolt 4 bolt rear end talon on Saturday I finished unloading the motor from the back of my truck today and got it on a engine stand. I did inventory on all of the parts I got with it. A few things are missing that I can see. I will need new front fenders. I also got to figure out why the doors don’t open. I can open the drivers door from the inside only. I have to go through the hatch.
Parts that I will need to put it back together are.
Flywheel
Clutch
Cas
Mas air sensor
Exhaust manifold
Turbo
Water pump pulley
Intercooler piping
Air cleaner
Intake tube
Throttle body elbow
BOV
Wheel center caps x3
Case for 91-94 ECU
Fuel rail spacers and bolts
J pipe
Passenger side rear half moon shaped strut tower plastic cover
Drivers side door belt molding.

Sounds oddly familiar

Ordered new seats 😍

Found my new gates blue timing belt

Popped the old original rusted OEM U joints out of the driveshaft (WD40+fire)

Installed various prothane bushings

Removed old brake lines in preparation for new braided SS ones (WD40+fire)

Finished painting calipers gloss black

Stared at the valve cover and am pissed ill need to strip and paint it a third time because the wrinkle effect isn't as strong or even as I want it to be.

Popped lower ball joints out for replacements

Installed JNZ custom short shifter assembly

Removed old seats in preparation for new seats

Bled lash adjusters with an pre and post ultrasonic bath in diesel

Painted fuel injector bodies and dipstick tube gloss black.

Stripped the new front caliper, then when installing the old caliper the brake line crumbled/broke in half in my hands. It's a cheap/no-name braided line, so now I'm gonna just order a complete goodrich set to replace it, because if one broke like that(I was not cranking on it, at all), not taking chances with the others while driving no less. Ironically though, the new bigger thread bolts threaded into my old caliper that I thought was stripped. Soooo, it was a cloud with a nice silver lining.

From there, decided to rewire the Fuel Pump and replace the t-case bolts.

Yes that's an allen headed bolt with like 5 thick AF washers to space it out properly. LOL and yes, there is one bolt completely missing(wasn't installed).

New hotness. OEM fasteners courtesy of ExtremePSI. Woot.

Good old FP rewire. The custom fuel line holders that are under the car were perfectly spaced juuuust enough for this new power wire to slip in and stay nice and tight. No zipties required, and it's all hidden behind the stock panel. Once I fab a new trunk floor it'll all be even more nice and hidden. Desperately need to vacuum it but meh, that's a job for later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back