The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Im being honest, I couldn't care less if it's a Tesla. EVs in general are great but I still don't think that the other manufacturers have the infustructure nationally to make road trips practical. If the fad you're referring to is the Tesla "movement", I agree and hope other manufacturers catchup soon and start making comparible EVs that have the same supercharging network. I do hate thats it's almost Tesla or bust in the EV market right now but in the next 5 years hopefully it's not like it is currently.

I'm going to have to step my game up on the 2g because this Model Y runs nearly the same 1/4 mile time. Time for a bigger turbo and a built block so it can gap the DD.

If Im being honest, I couldn't care less if it's a Tesla. EVs in general are great but I still don't think that the other manufacturers have the infustructure nationally to make road trips practical. If the fad you're referring to is the Tesla "movement", I agree and hope other manufacturers catchup soon and start making comparible EVs that have the same supercharging network. I do hate thats it's almost Tesla or bust in the EV market right now but in the next 5 years hopefully it's not like it is currently.

I'm going to have to step my game up on the 2g because this Model Y runs nearly the same 1/4 mile time. Time for a bigger turbo and a built block so it can gap the DD.

Actually Tesla should move to the universal charging standard that literally every other EV offers and now are offering up to 350kw DC fast charging.

Removed 20lbs of oem wiring from my DSM today

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Actually Tesla should move to the universal charging standard that literally every other EV offers and now are offering up to 350kw DC fast charging.

Actually Tesla should take their faceless, soul less crap off the streets.
If we're gonna do away with gasoline engines at least replace them with something that truly helps the environment like nitrogen fueled cars..electric cars, solar power, windmills cause more damage to the environment than they admit to. It's all about the money $$$$
The only electric cars I like are my traxxas RC vehicles LOL oh and I can't lie the Ford Lightning is sweet LOL (but it still sucks! 🤣)

Have you guys heard about a test electric car/road system that uses the wireless charging technology of our cell phones built into the road bed for continuous charging while you are driving. Not all roads would be that way but they would be marked with a sign designating it is a charging road. I read an article a few months back that it was being tested in Europe, I believe.
In what did I do to MY DSM today, I did a free air calibration of my WB sensor in my 92 Auto car and verified it is no longer functioning, so I put an old sensor in, calibrated it and it is working but I believe it is not accurate, so I ordered a new Bosch 4.9 LSU sensor. (Not what I wanted to do but we kinda depend on them).
On my 90 Stick car, I tied up the driveshaft for a short roll over to the shop bay today (I hope) so I can get the power train installed during the upcoming weekend (another hopeful).

Hahaaaa that looks like your car took a giant crap on the driveway LOL

Installed the new Bosch 4.9 in the 92 Auto car. Fired her up and did some adjustments then drove her down the road. New sensor is working fine, the tune is going lean up top so I brought it to work to look at in any spare time I can find. I got the engine leveler out and onto the Red 90's motor/trans. Little by little, I am getting things done.

Buying parts in preparation of a 20g swap into my car. FIC 750 CC's were what I got today. Talking to the man himself Justin Whitesell about building a 20g for me.
Got a fuel pump rewire kit as well for my Walboro 255, should be a nice weekend job.
Most importantly, got my Link V3 ECU back from the guys over at ECMtuning a good bit ago. Finally going the "right" way about the build and not the "cheap and effective" way LOL
Seeya later blackbox!
Oh, also still installing my combo innovate afr/boost gauge, what a pita that has been :banghead:

I stopped out the shop and threw some parts in it I pulled from my stash and I looked at it. Weather was shit so I couldn't have done anything even if I had time.

Trying to game plan some things because my build future is in limbo for the near future due to some other life events that popped up earlier this week. The build is still going to happen, it might just get delayed a few months.

Had a custom built 1g AWD badge created to put on the back of a non-DSM.

Actually Tesla should take their faceless, soul less crap off the streets.
If we're gonna do away with gasoline engines at least replace them with something that truly helps the environment like nitrogen fueled cars..electric cars, solar power, windmills cause more damage to the environment than they admit to. It's all about the money $$$$
The only electric cars I like are my traxxas RC vehicles LOL oh and I can't lie the Ford Lightning is sweet LOL (but it still sucks! 🤣)
Amen brother!

Today i decided to put some time into this awesome site while im slow at work and have nothing to paint. See what you gurus are up to!

My girlfriends engine is assembled now FINALLY… well the long block to the cams, but i have not gotten into timing yet.
Have collected all the new parts i need, now i just need a refresher course! Is vfaq still a thing? (Ill google that after this post)

We bought Suzi’s car in boxes. And my car was disassembled way back in 2010 after i graduated high school…. So like…. Most of those brain cells are obviously no longer with us 🤣

I would love to find a running 1g so that i can have that proverbial photo on the front of the jigsaw puzzle box to finally and confidently put these two puzzles back together!

I was skimming around today looking for some type of instructions.. or might i call it an installation guide...ha!
Something to help a moron go from short/long block stage back to dressing the motor with its accessories and getting motor/trans back in the car again.
(Without the need to r&i every last accessory 11 times for putting things on and in, in the wrong order)hahaha -which is probably inevitable for me anyways!

If anyones readin this post and thinks to themself “i know where this dude can find some help” i would appreciate a link! If your in ohio ill bring you some beers or a pizza you name it!
And if your thinking “this dudes a moron!” Your probably right about that too 😂

Have a great day yall! Keep on keepin on! 👍🏻

Got the powertrain installed into the 90 Talon, after about 6 years of sitting. I had the guts of the slave cylinder come out while I had it laying on the fender so it is time for a new one and master and braided line, which I have had all this time :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back