The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While I had the 6” rotary polisher handy, buffed my mirror and got a hot spot and melted the paint. 😢
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oh well. I’ll paint it again next spring.

I'm just buried under some biiig sucks.. :D :D :D

Don't feel bad, pretty sure my clutch just went out, sob just won't go into any gear unless the vehicle ignition is off. I'll find out soon enough.

I think thats just a clutch hydraulic...
Hopefully. I'll probably just end up having a new clutch kit put in, flywheel, throw bearing, etc. I figure I might as well since the trans (are we still calling them trans, or are they now called gender neutral shifting boxes?) will have to be dropped for the new clutch to be installed. What's going on with yours?

Hopefully. I'll probably just end up having a new clutch kit put in, flywheel, throw bearing, etc. I figure I might as well since the trans (are we still calling them trans, or are they now called gender neutral shifting boxes?) will have to be dropped for the new clutch to be installed. What's going on with yours?
Once my clutch hydraulic was punctured all oil leaked... was a funny drive to home without clutch. :D :D

What's going on mine? umm.. got some rust repair under the chassis.. 32 years old.. and some rust appeared on the body around the rear suspension... :/

..contd.

A friend brings an electric impact wrench, and about 800newtonmeters the rear trailing arm bolts is broken... both.
then i'm just cut the bolts on the bushing's outer side with an reciprocating saw.. then i welded a washer and a nut to the bolt's stump and slowly they comes out...

Last edited:
Adding the FINAL LINK to my custom FMIC that allows me to keep the OEM foglights, on an AUTOMATIC GSX!!! The charge pipe runs just between the auto trans dipstick and the thermostat housing!! YAAY!! Can't find this ONLINE anywhere...gotta make it yourself!

I picked up the resurrection project today from a buddy's house who was holding it for me until I had space. I'm excited to get this going! I have a lot of parts to start with!

Um...permanently 9005-modded my low-beam headlights.:| Picked up some hardware from Lowe's automotive to finish installing brake booster and clutch master cylinder; following the clutch pedal lever replacement.

Don't feel bad, pretty sure my clutch just went out, sob just won't go into any gear unless the vehicle ignition is off. I'll find out soon enough.
I just repaired my clutch pedal assy because of this. The car would only go into gear on jack stands with the engine running, or while the car was off and on the ground. Got everything apart and found the TOB races and ball bearings welded, TOB clip just fell out in pieces, chunks of the TOB fell down, trans oil was black, glazed flywheel and clutch assemblies.

Best of luck to you, sir. :cool:

The restoration project continues: Today I replaced the left side inner mirror trim and started replacing the headlights. The driver's side headlight is the brand new one, changing the right one/finish up the wiring in the morrow. It got too dark to finish it up today.

Painted and reinstalled brake booster, brake booster pedal clevis pin, clutch master cylinder clevis pin, and made a rough adjustment of the clutch master cylinder.
Clutch pedal replacement veteran here! It's not as hard as an engine swap, but it's far more "annoying" and tedious. Thanks to RTM Racing I was able to find a new clutch pedal lever.

Finally finished up installing a set of JDM Galant knuckles, SPC UCAs, and a @STM tuned Wilwood brake kit. Now I just need to bleed everything and bed in the brake pads.

After weighing everything I dropped 10lbs per corner of unsprung weight and, since I went to a JDM Galant knuckle, can install Evo Brembos (or similar) in the future if I want to do more than just drag racing.

Last edited:
Did tubular frame support

Charged the 92's battery (I left one of the spotlights on when I was setting up a new computer to use in the car exclusively).
My bad! :banghead:
Getting her ready to go to the shop after Christmas for the broken DTR transmission that has 50 miles on it to come out and a used IPT unit to go in. Hoping Darren can fix the one I bought from him, I like it a lot. It has good crisp shifts.......except for OD 😞

Finally finished up installing a set of JDM Galant knuckles, SPC UCAs, and a @STM tuned Wilwood brake kit. Now I just need to bleed everything and bed in the brake pads.

After weighing everything I dropped 10lbs per corner of unsprung weight and, since I went to a JDM Galant knuckle, can install Evo Brembos (or similar) in the future if I want to do more than just drag racing.
What was the reasoning fo going this route as oppossed to a conventional off the shelf big brake kit? Just curious. Fad, response, clearances, etc?

Replaced the headlights, finally got the turn signals working correctly. The project is coming along nicely.

What was the reasoning fo going this route as oppossed to a conventional off the shelf big brake kit? Just curious. Fad, response, clearances, etc?
The simplest reason was that I wanted to upgrade my stock brakes to stop from 125mph+ trap speeds without increasing the cars unsprung weight.

The most common off the shelf big brake kit thats affordable are the stock Evo Brembos but the rotor/caliper are ~30lbs a corner and these are 13.7lbs.

Also, because I installed the JDM Galant knuckle the caliper ears on the knuckle match the Evo Brembos so if I do move into road racing/autox where heat/brake fade become a serious issue I have a better aftermarket for front brake kits since I can shop for any big brake setup that would fit an Evo.

Replaced the headlights, finally got the turn signals working correctly. The project is coming along nicely.

Were these something you had saved for awhile, or did you buy them? Because those are like a brand new version of my current headlights and they look incredible honestly. I think they match the 2GA's perfectly. Way better than the OEM ones.

Were these something you had saved for awhile, or did you buy them? Because those are like a brand new version of my current headlights and they look incredible honestly. I think they match the 2GA's perfectly. Way better than the OEM ones.
I just ordered them, they arrived 3 days ago. Thanks for the compliment. Got pics of your beast?

You know, I just don't really like the front bumper and OEM headlight design of the 1995/1996 Eclipses...I had one, I bought one brand new in 1995, but I saw the later years 2GB and I always thought they looked much better... so now, I have two 2GBs, and I want to use the front 2GA foglights as viper fangs in my 2GB aftermarket BOMBER bumper, so it will look really cool...like viper fangs ready to bite! But OEM 2GA front bumpers are kinda ugly... JMO

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back