The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Went to a car m

Havent done to much to my gst today but lately been buying parts like Lower control arms and oil pan gasket and hoses , also realized my turbo needs rebuilding :( I loose boost randomly and my car smokes while idling , I know this is off topic but I actually need help finding a rebuild kit for the stock t25 ( I know it’s not the best turbo ) but it needs a lot of work rn and I don’t want to invest to much on just the turbo , im looking for a good rebuild kit , if anyone knows of one holla at me 😀
Any shaft play in the turbine? Oil in the intercooler piping/exhaust housing? We got out kit from eBay years ago and it worked out fine

socks? I wouldn't trust my sometimes clumsy self, and even my work shoes which are mostly mesh can't save me from myself every time.

let's see.. the culmination of the last couple days has me at:

- installed head from my old 6bolt that has the bc springs and titanium retainers
- decided to not yet run the cyclone manifold until ive worked out the kinks on this car. 1g mani for now
- shaved flanges flat on ebay o2 housing since my evo1 housing is angled non-dsm. typical ebay housing warped flange. definitely thicker than my old megan, though. going to see how long it takes to blow out a composite gasket..
- wrapped downpipe
- installed b16g, evo3 manifold, buttoned up entire exhaust
- 6an fuel feed into fuelab filter

probably about a day and a half left of work until i can drive it again

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
X2 on working in socks🥸
We rather be in crocs 🦖

got my oil pressure gauge today, yay. going prosport evo electric this time around, will see how well it works

did a lot of gauge and sensor wiring, almost done there.

did mechanical timing with my own tensioner tool, worked great

just got to find a good place for the coil pack..

Got the new fuel lines fitted sunday night, finished up getting the fuel tank hooked up and bolted in. Also got the new catback on and downpipe it place to see about fitment.

Did my first mechanical car thing ever! Don't laugh... I installed new Sylvania Silver hi and low light bulbs. Everything worked. The passenger hi needs to be redirected right, though. I had to remove the air intact to install the low passenger side light - Youtube helped. Read the entire technical manual for the car... Now I am ready to install a full engine redo. LOL. I also cleaned the outside light covers using a 3m kit. The concept of scratching the living crap out of a plastic lens cover only to have it be reborn as a clean light is still a little strange. Researching stereo upgrade options. Sadly, didn't see much on this forum and Crutchfield thinks I have a 1 dimm slot when it is in fact 2 dimm. Researching connecting phone and backup camera + proximity beeps. When I back up the car, it must turn past the Tesla and Pilot. Not sure I can trust my kids to navigate that reverse challenge without help. One dent prevented covers the cost of the camera and stereo upgrade!

Got the new fuel lines fitted sunday night, finished up getting the fuel tank hooked up and bolted in. Also got the new catback on and downpipe it place to see about fitment.

Sectioned Cn exhaust system look good. Did you piece it together yourself?

I had a downpipe from years ago laying around and the catback I bought (hks). It fits good just have to do a little modification to make the two match up im lacking like 3 inches
Sectioned Cn exhaust system look good. Did you piece it together yourself?
had the downpipe laying around from years ago and bought the catback (hks) it fits really good goes under the rear though dont know how I feel about that. A little modification is needed to get the downpipe to bolt to the catback(lacking like 3 Inches)

Did my first mechanical car thing ever! Don't laugh... I installed new Sylvania Silver hi and low light bulbs. Everything worked. The passenger hi needs to be redirected right, though. I had to remove the air intact to install the low passenger side light - Youtube helped. Read the entire technical manual for the car... Now I am ready to install a full engine redo. LOL. I also cleaned the outside light covers using a 3m kit. The concept of scratching the living crap out of a plastic lens cover only to have it be reborn as a clean light is still a little strange. Researching stereo upgrade options. Sadly, didn't see much on this forum and Crutchfield thinks I have a 1 dimm slot when it is in fact 2 dimm. Researching connecting phone and backup camera + proximity beeps. When I back up the car, it must turn past the Tesla and Pilot. Not sure I can trust my kids to navigate that reverse challenge without help. One dent prevented covers the cost of the camera and stereo upgrade!
Hey, you can laugh at yourself a bit, but this is how many people start. I purchased my first vehicle new from a dealership because I had never even changed a tire before. 6 months later, I bought my first DSM and immediately went to work tearing it down and rebuilding it.
Sometimes you start small but end up knowing every bolt on the car a year later.

Also, it's DIN not DIMM :p

Thanks for the correction and encouragement. I know DIMMs from building PCs. This is my old 1999 which I bought after graduating from law school. I gave it to my parents 12 years ago when I was moving to Boston. A month ago I took it back. So I am the OG owner and have a little time and money now to play with it. I won't really make it a speed machine as my kids will be driving it. Teaching the kids how to drive a manual on my baby is killing me.

I had a downpipe from years ago laying around and the catback I bought (hks). It fits good just have to do a little modification to make the two match up im lacking like 3 inches

had the downpipe laying around from years ago and bought the catback (hks) it fits really good goes under the rear though dont know how I feel about that. A little modification is needed to get the downpipe to bolt to the catback(lacking like 3 Inches)
I really like that exhaust. I have a Trust exhaust on mine that I bought many many years ago, but the angle is a bit much for my liking. It sits nearly right behind the passenger rear wheel. What model HK$ exhaust is that?

Finished up my interior. Swapped the grey dash out for black and deleted the passenger side air bag. Just need to search the junk yards for some half way decent door panels so it all matches.

Any shaft play in the turbine? Oil in the intercooler piping/exhaust housing? We got out kit from eBay years ago and it worked out fine
Haven’t checked for play , im just assuming it’s blown out , Got this gst completely stock , and it needs all sorts of work . So it’s very likely the stock t25 is dunnzo . but got a good deal on a new 16 g turbo so I just bought it , havent installed it yet it’s hard to work on my car where I live .

Haven’t checked for play , im just assuming it’s blown out , Got this gst completely stock , and it needs all sorts of work . So it’s very likely the stock t25 is dunnzo . but got a good deal on a new 16 g turbo so I just bought it , havent installed it yet it’s hard to work on my car where I live .
Upgrading the turbo is always good. See if you can rent a parking spot or garage so you can fix the car in peace

Re-adjusted timing belt tension, tested alternator wiring (low charging volts/bad alt), raised car 1.5", and installed K&N filter.
Very pleased knowing this is now what I consider easy. Will be re-installing lower/upper timing covers once I figure out what's making my timing belt flop around a certain rpms...

Waiting for my Fuelab afpr rebuild kit as the diaphragm was torn and spitting fuel out the vac port. Fun.
It did start rather easily and run not too bad considering that and being set to MAF even though it has a map sensor on MDP input and no maf actually attached as well as not having accurate ignition timing set. Empty HLAs make such a ruckus..

Noticed a crack in the undercoat in the wheel well. Looks like the popular spot for brake fluid that spills when filling the reservoir. Bunch of surface rust that needed to be cleaned up.

Following it up with DOM16, seam sealer, and rubberized undercoating spray.

Took it for its first round-the-block since completing all my work. It died two houses down and didn't want to stay running for more than a half second.
Puzzled, my wife and I had to push it back up my incline 30ft+ driveway and into the garage after I pulled the underbody shield to at least ensure TDC matched either 0 or 180 on the cams -- check. On the street, in the dark, in front of my house, on a car now much lower than it was when I started.

Looking at the log I noticed my 3bar was all over the map on throttle blips and then engine coast.. that's right. While cranking and at 277rpm it read -4.5inHg. I don't think that's even possible.. especially as .036 seconds later it was back to -29.6inHg

So I changed MAF type back to MAF and removed all the speed density settings. She fired back up. Didn't idle well but it's also not getting any signal from the sensor it's trying to read so the fake number just isn't enough.. but it ran and stayed running. Too bad Link corrupted that log.

Looks like I have a MAP sensor and circuit to diagnose tomorrow. She looked damn good on the street for the first time in a month and some, though.

*edit*
Well, I feel silly. I extended the MDP wiring to reach the MAP sensor and forgot to heatshrink all the wires on one side of the extension. It was separate enough during idle but once the car moved around, there was intermittent contact between ground and either the 5v or the signal line. Oops. Fixed and it fired right up and ran solid enough for a blank tune and 2G timing map with a b16g

Last edited:
Hello, after being isolated, my wife and I for 20 days due to covid, I was finally able to go back to work on the Eclipse GSX, changing the oil, now 10W40 Valvoline and also the filter, I took advantage and removed the oil return leak from the turbine , changing the gaskets.

I changed the fuel filter and put a new set of 1100 FIC injectors in my 90 GSX and she gave me love back. Fired right up. Old filter had separated inside and I imagine allowed crap to get by on top of the fact I was running E85. Lesson learned, don't use stock fuel filters with Ethanol and pickle your injectors, although this car kind of died on the way home. She made it home but was stuttering and staggering a year ago when all of this BS started with 2 of my cars. We are back on gasoline and she has a fresh 525 pump in her, because Why Not? I had a few spares.
It's DEFINITELY time for a car wash and a drive! :thumb:

I ran the stock system on E85 and in 2 years my injectors were covered in junk and barely flowed. Since then everything is PTFE line and Stainless mesh reusable fuel filter.

got my oil pressure gauge today, yay. going prosport evo electric this time around, will see how well it works

did a lot of gauge and sensor wiring, almost done there.

did mechanical timing with my own tensioner tool, worked great

just got to find a good place for the coil pack..

I ran the evo prosport electric gauges for about 2 years never had any issues.

They're impossible to read in the sun when on the A pillar, though, in either red or blue lighting modes. At night, they're great but during the day, forget it. I have the brightness cranked on both.

Not to mention my sunglasses are polarized so I can't read the oil pressure gauge worth a damn unless I drop them down or tilt my head to offset the polarization axis. The boost gauge's axis aligns fine, oil pressure seems to be 90 degrees off.

Overall, I am not impressed. $300 for a set of gauges I can only read at night. Brilliant.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back