The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a terrible experience with the optima battery. Had a warranty and they did not honor it. Battery was bad from the get go. Many of my friends have experienced issues with these personally i will never buy optima again due to the quality and how they treated me on my situation
To give the opposite perspective I’ve ran optimas in all my cars for 25 years and never had an issue. Just spent $250 on a yellow top for the wife’s Tahoe a month ago. IMO they are the best batteries on the market.

Today I drove it for the first time since the end of 2020.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Finally got off my ass and although not direct work on the DSM, I hung some work lights at the new place. Attached the before and after to show why I have not touched the eclipse in two months since moving in. It was impossible to see anything hahaha.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Conducted my annual start-up this weekend. Still sounding good and making me miss daily driving the car. Still my favorite after all these years, mainly for sentimental reasons. I guess also for all the disbelief this little 14b use to cause back in the day.

I had my 99 Spyder GST shipped up from Florida to Marblehead MA, arrived Saturday. It was living with my parents for 12 years. I took the car to the mechanics to change the plugs and wires this morning. And now I begin my research about what else will need to be replaced, repaired, or maintained. Happy to have a convertible back in my life. A little nervous about taking on the car. Looking for DSM mechanics and/or clubs in North Shore, MA. The funny part is that the Tesla Y just got booted from the garage to make way for Josephine.

It's an RCI that came in at 13lbs. Screen grab from my old site when I installed it.
Seems like you dsm guys hold on to these puppies like old hot rodders. This purchase is from 04😀Hope to join the crew soon🥸 but for now I’ll keep wrenching on them and having fun. We would like to see if this type of seat will and can sit lower then the gsx leather buckets

Seems like you dsm guys hold on to these puppies like old hot rodders. This purchase is from 04😀Hope to join the crew soon🥸 but for now I’ll keep wrenching on them and having fun. We would like to see if this type of seat will and can sit lower then the gsx leather buckets
I am the original owner of mine, LOL. The seat can sit quite low, really dependent on your brackets. I mounted mine in a fixed position, so no adjusting. i'll put up a pic so you can see what I mean.

Edited: added photos of the brackets I used to mount the seat. I guess if you needed to, you could mount the seat directly to the floor board with some spacers

Last edited:
I am the original owner of mine, LOL. The seat can sit quite low, really dependent on your brackets. I mounted mine in a fixed position, so no adjusting. i'll put up a pic so you can see what I mean.

Edited: added photos of the brackets I used to mount the seat. I guess if you needed to, you could mount the seat directly to the floor board with some spacers

That’s what I would do. Then maybe I can sit in their with my 6”5 230lb 🖼. I feel like high tower from police academy getting into some 🚗

Over the weekend we noticed that the car has a terrible slow crank( not blaming the optima 🔋) so I sniffed up into the engine grounds with the dmm. We have the battery in the trunk now and the engine grounds in the bay were terrible. No audio beep or very fainted. The alternators ground? Was totally missing/corroded and we added the Honda boy silver strap from the passenger side frame to the thermostat housing? Area. One of the loudest dmm audios were from their. Next will be to inspect the intake manifold ground and starter. Trying to search up where these would be so I can clean them up and rewire

Over the weekend we noticed that the car has a terrible slow crank( not blaming the optima 🔋) so I sniffed up into the engine grounds with the dmm. We have the battery in the trunk now and the engine grounds in the bay were terrible. No audio beep or very fainted. The alternators ground? Was totally missing/corroded and we added the Honda boy silver strap from the passenger side frame to the thermostat housing? Area. One of the loudest dmm audios were from their. Next will be to inspect the intake manifold ground and starter. Trying to search up where these would be so I can clean them up and rewire

I had the same issue. I had a corroded ground.

So today I got the ethrottle and pedal ran. Tomorrow we will wire it to the ecu. Then back on the dyno. I do not like that bolt hole there but i iwill deal with that after we are done punishing her on the dyno.

I had the same issue. I had a corroded ground.
Found more snakes on a plane. Starter ground missing

I changed the fuel filter and put a new set of 1100 FIC injectors in my 90 GSX and she gave me love back. Fired right up. Old filter had separated inside and I imagine allowed crap to get by on top of the fact I was running E85. Lesson learned, don't use stock fuel filters with Ethanol and pickle your injectors, although this car kind of died on the way home. She made it home but was stuttering and staggering a year ago when all of this BS started with 2 of my cars. We are back on gasoline and she has a fresh 525 pump in her, because Why Not? I had a few spares.
It's DEFINITELY time for a car wash and a drive! :thumb:

Installed my @Boosted Fabrication chromoly crossmember.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back