The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed hood lift struts on my car after 16 years of using an old mop stick. Pretty much easy installation it’s all about finding the right size hood lift struts that will fit.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got those too. When eye balling the clearance between the hinge and the fender, it looks impossible for it to fit.

Got those too. When eye balling the clearance between the hinge and the fender, it looks impossible for it to fit.
I have a set also that came in a large buyout that I need to dig out and see if they fit. That would be so nice.
I am changing Auto trans fluid and filter today....I hope. :thumb:

I installed hood lift struts on my car after 16 years of using an old mop stick. Pretty much easy installation it’s all:pray: about finding the right size hood lift struts that will fit.
Thank you for sparking an idea:aha:, I'm for sure seeing if they have this as a bolt on addition for the 2g... I need something like this in my life:pray:

I'm thinking this for my engine bay(nothing rusted though but pretty bad surface rust) and all over the under body...what rust converter are you using, spray or liquid?

I used loctite aerosol. Really wanted to use POR15 but I have no room in the garage with everything out of the engine bay. Just a heads up, it’s a lot of work.

Finally fixed my ABS light and I'm damn proud of it! Not a single code on the dash, everything working like it should. Now I need to get actual nice new tires for it to even matter.... :ohdamn:

Finally fixed my ABS light and I'm damn proud of it! Not a single code on the dash, everything working like it should. Now I need to get actual nice new tires for it to even matter.... :ohdamn:

Hell yeah Stefan!! :hellyeah: Always nice to not have any dash lights. Even the low washer fluid light annoys me LOL

Made a 6 hr round trip for a used carbon fiber hood. Got home excited to install and all excitement ended real quick. Hood is for a 1gb not 2g :banghead: Anybody want a 1gb CF hood LOL.

Made a 6 hr round trip for a used carbon fiber hood. Got home excited to install and all excitement ended real quick. Hood is for a 1gb not 2g :banghead: Anybody want a 1gb CF hood LOL.

Pic please

A Pic for your viewing pleasure.
img_20200823_175234-jpg.609630

I forgot to post when it happened, but I finally got a tune!. The injectors are basically maxed out (1200cc) and my 3 bar map sensor maxed me out as well. Next time I get a touch up. I hope to have 1600cc at least, and a omni 4 bar.

Attachments

• 20200724_035830.jpg
    20200724_035830.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 24
Ngk tune up today. Chayeah!!! :cool:

Attachments

• 020E7255-4E90-44AC-B6CE-6769F7C77805.jpeg
    020E7255-4E90-44AC-B6CE-6769F7C77805.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2FBDB7C1-F56C-4F78-A7F8-3B4688E1FBDE.jpeg
    2FBDB7C1-F56C-4F78-A7F8-3B4688E1FBDE.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 86FC13DA-BAB6-4B9A-81F9-7F11CEB23AC4.jpeg
    86FC13DA-BAB6-4B9A-81F9-7F11CEB23AC4.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 31
I didn't do anything major, I just got my blower motor resistor in and replaced that really quick today as well as my reverse light bulbs.

Untitled by Austin Nutting, on Flickr
Just took it out and enjoyed it, haven't had to do anything to it all summer besides put gas in it :thumb:
Your car makes me miss my first DSM back in 06. Burgundy with tan interior. I like hearing about really healthy DSM's joining todays traffic.

Today i did a few things.
1-diagnosed a faulty TPS and replaced it with one from my spare part cabinet.
2-did some timing advancement/tuning.

3- Tracked down a well hidden vac leak in a air line behind the intake manifold.
4- hit up some back roads that recently got repaved for some play time.

Moved it out of the garage to get to some other stuff I have stored in there. Not very exciting, I’ll admit. I am planning to soon teach a friend how to drive a manual in my eclipse, becasue I already have a rebuilt trans in the garage, and can’t start on the changeout for another month. Pretty low risk of consequential harm from gear grinding et al.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back