The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That’s determination!

I wouldn’t have to drive thaaat far, I guess I need to rethink my priorities LOL.

If you ever get a taste of the extra power you can extract out of Ethanol, you will never go back to dino squeezin's. Thats why I keep fuel on hand even tho my cars are flex fuel compatible, once they taste E, they say fooie to gas and the best gas I can get here is 91 octane. 20 gallons cost me $35. :D

We do have 93 where I’m at, and I haven’t messed around with octane booster yet.

Other than that, I was happy with the power I was getting with the Holset on pump overall.

Stupid question maybe, but why do you need huge injectors to run E?

Looked under the hood and noticed 2 exhaust studs broken.

I’m that’s my cars way of getting back at me for never driving it and only starting once a week.

looks like I have some work to add to the to-do list. need to start showing it some love. Lol

Attachments

• 61BFC813-D3AB-4235-85EB-CEB3DAF2FF96.jpeg
    61BFC813-D3AB-4235-85EB-CEB3DAF2FF96.jpeg
    815.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
We do have 93 where I’m at, and I haven’t messed around with octane booster yet.

Other than that, I was happy with the power I was getting with the Holset on pump overall.

Stupid question maybe, but why do you need huge injectors to run E?
Not stupid. It takes about a third more fuel with E to get your AFR's correct and to just get it to run right and not too lean. That is why, if you buy "cheap" gas (with E in it) it doesn't get you as many miles down the road.

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
Welcome anytime.
Pops

I finally got to hear my 7 bolt build start up last night at my son's house, in his 95 Talon that he calls "Lilly" in remembrance of his miscarried daughter that would have had that name!
He had started it 1 time as a test and it fired right up, this was it's second startup.
Pops

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I finally got to hear my 7 bolt build start up last night at my son's house, in his 95 Talon that he calls "Lilly" in remembrance of his miscarried daughter that would have had that name!
He had started it 1 time as a test and it fired right up, this was it's second startup.
Pops

That’s AWESOME! It’s a great feeling to see an engine come to life!

Today I changed out the lower inter cooler pipe on my 2g for solid piping. I cannot believe the difference! Faster spool, smoother and more consistent power through the RPM’s, and I was able to keep the stock intake...for now.

Anyone thinking they may want to do this (and if you have some tubing and couplers laying around) it’s 100% worth it!

Makes the stock side mount muuuuch more efficient.

Did a VC gasket job and swapped Valve Covers from my donor car!!

I looked at it and thought I can't wait for my ECU to return with the converted ecmlink chip, its on the plane crossing the ocean right now yeeeeehaaa grandmaaa

I cleaned out the garage around it so I can see it again.. Its so sad and lonely waiting on its heart transplant.
I feel your pain, mine just came out of a 3 year coma, now for the long rehabilitation to get it back where it belongs racing those v8's at the stop lights LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this covid shit and the giant excuse it is for all these companies is straight ridiculous. I would say I can't wait for 2020 to be over, but tbh 2021 probably gonna be even worse.

I'm buying an OP2.0 ASAP before they dry up too.

It’s funny. I’ve tuned with ecmlink with my 1g and loved it.

Now that I own a 2g and need to switch platforms, there is no such thing as 2g ecmlink chips... this pandemic is really annoying.

My understanding is that finding 2g ecmlink is like seeing a unicorn... riding another unicorn.

I wish they could get the chips in from their suppliers already. I guess no one knows when that will happen.

EDIT* In case anyone else is waiting, Dave emailed me letting me know they that are hoping to get the cables come late September.

Also I want to make it clear that I am not begrudging the guys at ECMLink AT ALL! I completely understand that this is not their fault, and we’re all just along for the COVID ride. I am just venting my frustration about this virus.

Last edited:
I installed hood lift struts on my car after 16 years of using an old mop stick. Pretty much easy installation it’s all about finding the right size hood lift struts that will fit.

nice clean looking car.
I'm a new member not even sure how this forum works but I do have a question.
My fan that cools down the radiator doesn't have a reley. It's missing out of the fuse box under the hood.
Any idea where I can purchase 1??

nice clean looking car.
I'm a new member not even sure how this forum works but I do have a question.
My fan that cools down the radiator doesn't have a reley. It's missing out of the fuse box under the hood.
Any idea where I can purchase 1??
You can get a Relay from any auto parts store.
I won 3rd at a car show this weekend then went on a car cruise. Must have got a boost leak as car was idle surging when i got back. 100% stock un known mile trans still alive somehow logging 60lb/min.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back