The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It doesn't get better! Nap/bed time is usually wrench time for me.
That said I wouldn't change it for the world.

I've been slowly knocking off some things on my to do list for the car; welding, painting, wiring, etc.
Worked on my HID retro a bit more today.

Definitely not! I go back on 2nd shift here in a couple weeks so thatll give me a couple hours at night when hes sleeping! DSM is getting put on the back burner for a while as Im starting a new project. Keep an eye out for a build thread starting within the next couple months! :thumb:

Definitely not! I go back on 2nd shift here in a couple weeks so thatll give me a couple hours at night when hes sleeping! DSM is getting put on the back burner for a while as Im starting a new project. Keep an eye out for a build thread starting within the next couple months! :thumb:

I hear ya. Working away makes it even worse, that honey do list is usually priority,

Looking forward to the next project.

I did this with my retro last night.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's a BMW X5 LED fog light module in the high beam spot.

Cut my control in a few pieces today just to remove a bolt...

Tried hammering the bolt out with a 5lb hammer ,tried to torch it out with butane then realized It didn't really work to well... So I tried the acetylene torch it burned out the bushing but the bolt still wouldn't budge... Sooo we try the air chisel and nothing worked...

So we cut the crap out of the control arm and bolt causing us to weld a new plate for the mount ,
but finally finished my suspension till next year LOL
Should do an alignment tho
Here's a pic don't min my thumb hah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 57
Changed my plugs, previous owner though v power iridiums were a good idea, they are not. The car definitely has more mid range power now.

Also received my silicon hoses from ebay. $56 with vacuum hose tubing and received in 5 days, I am very impressed. I had some samco ones on an old honda and these match the quality.

However my KHS clear timing belt cover I ordered two weeks ago still shows its in shanghai

Last edited:
Tried to tune it to get it running....I obviously failed..you know, because: DSM LOL

Took the motor and old trans out to make way for the new fully built Terhune raceworks trans! :) tomorrow I'll be swapping in the new steering rack finally too. No more leaky leaky yeah LOL

A week or two ago, but I just can't leave well enough alone. My quiet, comfortable car was just too quiet.

Talking to some folks locally about a 100 shot.

I'm not right in the head.

You know when you you're doing a BLT and you can hear it but can't find it/no bubbles? Well I solved that problem on my uicp/licp/ic/BOV today by putting this in that.
So turns out the leak I heard was just the BOV venting at 7psi because I didn't have pressure applied to the vacuum line on top. No bubbles at 25psi!
Too bad I tore the front of the car apart for three hours instead of just reading the correct way to treat the BOV during a BLT:ohdamn:

Wasted 163$ on a battery from candian tire
I'm so Done with all leaky mopar batteries never buying one again.
(Worst battery I've used ever)

I opted out for an 800 cca battery for those lovely/awesome
-50 Celsius days here in winterpeg

^LOL @Mauispyder

This past weekend, I installed brand new x2 OEM camshaft seals and x1 OEM crankshaft seal, 1x timing belt service kit plus new factory hydraulic tensioner, valve cover gasket kit set, new water pump, new stainless bolts for the valve cover and plug wire cover stainless bolts, new OEM bolts for the timing belt cover, installed new OEM p.c.v. (Upgrading to dual ADD w1's), changed the oil added 4.5 quarts of 10/40 Mobil 1 5000 and last installed an MZ690116.

Last edited:
Test fit the 19" wheels.

Yeah, lots of gap there...but the car is still up on a jack partially and the suspension isn't settled. Note the lack of a valve stem...and well, air in the tire. PO pulled out the TPS from the wheels before selling. Can't use the tires on back pair, too big. They rub the suspension. Will be replacing all four. But, light weight forged 19" rims!

I replaced a deformed head gasket, blown intake gasket and cleaned the hell out of the parts as I had them off. I also polished the hx40 compressor cover.... talk about a rough casting, it's a good thing holset is ahead in compressor technology because they are far behind in their castings LOL

The other day I removed, cleaned, and installed new brushes into my alternator. Also took two of my seized main cooling fan motors apart, cleaned, and assembled 1 good fan motor. The bolts were seized in the ac fan shroud so I had to remove the radiator to have clearance to get the alternator out. I rebuilt the main cooling fan motor and got the seized bolts out of the ac fan, next time I hope I can just remove the ac fan to get the alternator out.

Soldered a spare ignition switch it had cut and exposed wires where prior geniuses chose to tap into the positive instead of running an auxiliary line.

Meech

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back