The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Started the AWD auto swap on Saturday. Should be done today or tomorrow!

Hooked my valve cover breather tube to intake and cut about 13-14 inches off line to my MBC by relocating it.. Looks cleaner to..
Going to wipe her down with the duster and clean the rims and get the brake dust off tonight.. Not going to bother washing it as its winter and its useless:)..

On a side note Turned the boost down a few weeks ago been having some issues but iv been re tuning it slowly turned it too 22 again yesterday and it was pulling so nice...

But i turned it down today and started tuning it AGAIN because i turned the CAS a bit to lower timing some and so me and my brother had some fun..

I got to rip on my brothers 73 nova a few times. Has a rebuild 350. I was only on 15psi on my big16g and stock head/block.. I humiliated him out of the hole and then we did some pulls at 30 and at 60 and it was a much closer at 30 i only got about a car ahead and at 60 i could see his car out my window LOL..

ALL ON A PRIVATE CLOSED ROAD>>Of course LOL.

today i got my new 6 bolt up on the engine stand gonna start inspecting all the internals tomorrow all though it seems quite well already. plan on putting acl race bearings and arp studs on it as well as oem gaskets

Well... I had purchased my car with a dying clutch. So i took it in to get a OEM clutch and replaced the clutch cylinders.

But since i'm new at driving manual cars... I get nervous and always feel like i'm doing something wrong and stall everywhere. Which leads me to believe that I have burned the newly replaced clutch.

if i'm not mistaken the clutch pedal should always be pressed alll the way correct?
and when i accelerate, is it ok for the car to overrev a bit while trying to catch up the speed i'm inputing?

I know thats a tech thing, but at least i replaced my clutch and cylinders :)

Next, either the radio, or i need a good downpipe to install. Mine is all corroded and rusted.

Pulled the turbo to check/tighten a lower motor mount, and re-tapped the hotside holes...just as preventive maintenance.

Contemplating pulling the IM and getting to the rear mount to modify the prothane inserts, while I still have some teeth left. Not sure if I can get to the lowest bolt that holds it to the block from the top though, and I'm not in the mood to drop the t-case.

Did some last minute tuning with the new set up. Going to dyno it soon hopefully. Though I forgot how scary it it to suddenly lose traction in an awd car with 450+hp LOL was wot tuning and I hit a wet patch in 2nd at about 4500 rpm around a slight bend. PHEWEWW!!! Almost had to dig a dsm out of a ditch

Did some last minute tuning with the new set up. Going to dyno it soon hopefully. Though I forgot how scary it it to suddenly lose traction in an awd car with 450+hp LOL was wot tuning and I hit a wet patch in 2nd at about 4500 rpm around a slight bend. PHEWEWW!!! Almost had to dig a dsm out of a ditch

Who's this guy LOL... Just curious are you on idahomotorsports?? If not join man lots of great people and its local so you can find meets and shit aswell as other dsm'rs such as us....

Lol it doesn't take wet weather or 450hp to make them get loose though haha i can get them to rip all 4 on dry cement although a bit of water on the ground and 3rd gear pulls go out the window and even 4th if its cold and wet enough..

BTW tuners Jake Montgomery sold his evo8 a few weeks ago after he spun a bearing out at the track..
Car had 35000 miles and over 2000logs on the stroker before it got tired and finally let a bearing go.. He now owns a is300 that is pretty tits..
Don't know if you guys even care but i figured id share that one of our fabled dsm'rs has left the platform for a bit although he says him and someone else have plans for another evo next year..
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

welll....last weekend I fitted the new 2gb bumper to include properly cutting out the opening for the VRSF fmic. I just picked up nice, clear 2gb headlights tonight. I bought clear corners on eBay so that will finish the front mods for a bit.

oh, foglight bezels will be ordered soon or junkyard picked.

Started rebuilding the head. It was perfectly fine with 90k miles, but I just wanted to freshen up the seals and grind the valves for a better seal.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

well fixed a water line leaking on my turbo. she got a good buffing today as well. turned the boost to 25 lbs and did a few pulls as well. (closed course). while i was driving home. some a hole in a srt 8 challenger decided that he was gonna try to race me. (guess he didnt see the bfmic) drug him by a bus.. (on a closed course) think he went to the car lot after that LOL. and she also got a new boost controller as well

i hit the front curb while parking and forgot that my car had the body kit and pretty much destroyed my front bumper.. 2 huge cracks on the left and right side of my front bumper! got really mad that i did that and kicked my tire! Then went to my shitty job and thats it! Pretty much just threw away like $400 to try and fix that front bumper =(

What did I do for my dsm today...? Not put any miles on it and not drive it, becuase it's acting up.:p

Re-tinted my headlights.. Doing tails next(i know flame on me, i like tinted lights thank you) with side-markers and then going out and doing some REAL tuning now that i found someone to let me borrow a logger for a bit..
So i get to see how good my blind tune has been the last couple weeks i think its safe but i don't think im making as much power as i will be with a good tune.. Wish me luck then next week its to the dyno to get some numbers..

well fixed a water line leaking on my turbo. she got a good buffing today as well. turned the boost to 25 lbs and did a few pulls as well. (closed course). while i was driving home. some a hole in a srt 8 challenger decided that he was gonna try to race me. (guess he didnt see the bfmic) drug him by a bus.. (on a closed course) think he went to the car lot after that LOL. and she also got a new boost controller as well

Just curious as to your mods.. I seen your a noob and running 25psi took a look at your mod list and if its accurate you shouldn't be running 25psi thats why these damn motors have such a bad rep cause people think they can run the stock shit to 25psi because there buddy in a highly modded dsm did it:nono:.. Haha sorry for the rant just want to know your mods..:hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back