The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I discovered exactly how much of a $%&@, an alignment dowel on a transmission can be. Spent 3 hours trying to get it to break loose, and it never did. The engine is literally stuck in the damned car by one dowel right now.

Today, I went for a fast food run, spent 10 minutes admiring my new motegi dp10 rims, and falken xien 512 tires I put on 3 days ago, to replace the stock swirlies, pics coming.. tokico springs/shocks and new control arms /bushings and balljoints ready to install this weekend.

I got a sh# load less done today then what I wanted to. I got the new fuel filter installed. What a pain in the ass.

I threatened to burn the ECU to a crisp.

-.- spent a good chunk of change on it that could have went to other expenses.. only to find out that socketing the fvcking ECU is apparently a nightmare.. and NO ONE within 200 damned miles knows how to do anything RELATED to soldering.

FML. I'm selling this car.

I threatened to burn the ECU to a crisp.

-.- spent a good chunk of change on it that could have went to other expenses.. only to find out that socketing the fvcking ECU is apparently a nightmare.. and NO ONE within 200 damned miles knows how to do anything RELATED to soldering.

FML. I'm selling this car.

ECMTuning, Inc. - 2g non-eProm to eProm conversion.

ECMTuning, Inc. - 2g non-eProm to eProm conversion.

It's a 95.. it's Eprom, been confirmed. I need to socket it without having to worry about my car being down for 2 weeks, which is the ONLY way to have ECMlink to it. Take it out, send it in, wait...-exhale- No one around here has a damned Turbo 2G, muchless if they had one they wouldn't loan me an ecu.

AH well, I'm in a better mood though. The IT tech at my work does this crap all the time. He said he'll take a look but he's sure he can do it. So... I'm happy again.

Engine = Pulled

Only the engine mind you, the transmission and the CV Shafts are still in the car.

The car is getting moved to another location where the transmission will be pulled out. As for why...

For one, it wasn't that hard, less to unbolt. For two, the CV shafts are currently stuck, and I didn't have the ability to use an impact on the car where we pulled the engine at. I have to get the car moved to it's new location where there is a compressor.

If the axle nut is that stuck, those axles aren't budging.

Unless you get very lucky :)

Monday I finished my wheel bearing.
Tuesday I pulled the pan to re seal it to fix my oil leak.
Wednesday I put the car back on pump gas.
And today I put the car sideways doing about 45-50 with a huge grin.

Looked at pictures of my car since I'm half way around the world from it, and alllllllllmost bought $1,200 worth of parts for it.
Can't wait to go home and paint her.

If the axle nut is that stuck, those axles aren't budging.

I have two new ones already. =P And a 1500ftlb. impact says they will come off ... preferably broken. -grinz evily-

yesterday, I blew mines guts out all over the highway :)

thats awefull. i walked past it to get in my moms car to go to the store. i didnt walk past it because its broke, its just out of gas and im letting it sit and think about why it gets shit gas milage.... oh yea and wishing it would somehow magically morph into a gvr4 so everyone would quit complaining that my car is to small... i want one so bad.

opened my car door to find a cd. no lights turned on. checked the battery. fried. checked alternator. donesouce. LOL i havent even gotten to drive the damn thing around and its autodestroying itself in my garage ROFL

Today... I called the car donation company and started scheduling the pickup for the Talon. Then it'll go bye bye forever :(

I'm going to the salvage yard to get a set of 2-piston front calipers for my Colt,then put new injector seals and a power transistor on my Eclipse.

Polished the old yellowed headlight lens. Two hours in the 72 degree clear day for clear headlights.

Preparing for replacement of throttle body, painted some exterior parts. Figuring out what to swap to awd shell.

I havent got the shell yet, i want awd, and if im going to keep putting money into it i also want to do the suspension. The whole nine, on a awd platform, to many issues with it. Im a bit anal of my dsm this wont cut it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back