The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I haven't heard of salt water, I used boiling water. Amd all videos I've watched just says let dry 🤷‍♂️ well see what happens if I don't like it ill try the fabric paint
That was the problem. Nice and dark, until I rinsed it and the some of the dye started coming out. After a full rinse it was a dark blue. I drive my car in all conditions. (when it works) If it rains and you get some water on the carpet, is that dye going to rub off on shoes/pants...etc...

Finished trunk mounting the battery. Drilled holes and used nuts, bolts and washers to secure tray to trunk floor. Pretty sure I'm add cuz I can't finish one project before starting another 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️ also got hardware to bolt up down pipe which I think I'll wait for another day it's hot af. Also don't pay this nasty old battery any mind it's bad and just being used as mock up

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yesterday it went down the track for the first time of 2024, first pass off the trailer.

I followed up by shredding the spider gears in the rear diff and breaking the passenger front axle when I got greedy and turned it up ROFL

It's all fixed but unfortunately we got rained out today.

Ordered a new set of tires for it and a 90 amp alternator. These old cracked and dry-rotted ones gotta go, and this parts store 65amp model has to go too.

Yesterday it went down the track for the first time of 2024, first pass off the trailer.

I followed up by shredding the spider gears in the rear diff and breaking the passenger front axle when I got greedy and turned it up ROFL

This has legitimately always been one of my favorite DSMs. 9 second street car.

Turned it up to what? It's already full beast mode LOL

I was trying to figure out the piston ring compressor today. Could not get the rings compressed enough to get the piston into the cylinder. Over an hour later I looked at the box again and saw they were 86mm. I ordered 85......

Last edited:
I was installing piston rings today. Could not get the rings compressed enough to get the piston into the cylinder. Over an hour later I looked at the box again and saw they were 86mm. I ordered 85......
So you’re saying that you didn’t check the end gaps of your rings before installing them on the pistons???

-Daniel

Revised what I was actually doing. Most of this is new to me. I had not used this compressor before and was trying to see how to get the pistons in with it. Had not checked the gaps to see if any material needed filing off yet.

I am constantly waiting on wrong parts to be replaced or little washers or something. It's just dragging on for me as I only have a little time each day during the week.

Two days late but I took the Talon to the local Father's Day show. Had many people stop and appreciate the car. Heard many stories of 'back in the day' LOL.

Is this the aluminum spark plug cover that's made overseas by a company called fatboy racing?

Well I got like 7 splice points on my interior harness feom previous owner, like 5 hook ups for my greddy gaugues, the wideband and the boost controller and I have come to find out I suck at reading electrical diagrams. Also one connector that's not even hooked up.

If anyone wants to help out or knows someone that doesn't mind breaking it down with what I'm seeing let me know. I don't want to hook these old pieces up and have a vehicle fire cause I did it wrong haha. I don't want to make a thread on this due to the specificity

My power steering switch started dripping fluid. I thought it was the pump itself but after buying a reman one I realized the switch fell apart. I put some orings on it and a e-clip and jbwelded it shut since it seems like it was missing a piece. If anyone has one they don’t need please let me know.

Another quick win and probably too many pictures for how easy it was . Car was at a shop a while back and someone tried to use the key and ended up pushing the cylinder into the door.

Havent used a key in like 15 years since the cylinders were seized up and I had keyless entry anyway. So took the door card off and fished it out.

Set back in place

Had a drip bottle of this Dupont Non-Stick Dry Lube. Put a little bit on both sides of the key and slid it into the cylinder.. Three "careful" attempts to turn each way and "voila!" turns like butter now. Did the same to the passenger side and trunk, so my car is 2% less janky than it previously was :hellyeah:

It's got two different sets on it which is beyond me but I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks man! And btw that dremel has been a huge help, good suggestion on that!
LOve the dremel... even works on my dog LOL

Ya just check it so you know you have a true timng mark

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back