The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everyone who actually has one disagrees with you. These gaskets have been around for quite awhile now, and have had extensive testing. From a metric ton of DSM guys and even Evo guys. No issues at all.
Id like to have a thick flange oil pan and use one. The jb trans pan made a huge difference sealing because it cant dimple

Id like to have a thick flange oil pan and use one. The jb trans pan made a huge difference sealing because it cant dimple

Rix Racing has a six bolt moroso/whatever oil pan for sale right now. I was tempted but can't justify it with my simple/small setup.

I have the MAPerformance 6 bolt oil pan on the shelf ready to go. Curious if anyone has a preferred/best method with those..

Rix Racing has a six bolt moroso/whatever oil pan for sale right now. I was tempted but can't justify it with my simple/small setup.
Moroso is a little overboard for most of us. If i got it for free id use it LOL

Simple thicker flange is all i would want. But development on this platform is fading as are the stock parts.

I have the MAPerformance 6 bolt oil pan on the shelf ready to go. Curious if anyone has a preferred/best method with those..
If you mean sealing... always rtv

Moroso is a little overboard for most of us. If i got it for free id use it LOL

Simple thicker flange is all i would want. But development on this platform is fading as are the stock parts.

You'd think with all the supposedly rich people who spend $25k-$45k for a DSM, that suddenly parts development and maintenance parts would explode.

It's enough to make one think they're not actually being sold for that amount outside of one or two outliers.

You'd think with all the supposedly rich people who spend $25k-$45k for a DSM, that suddenly parts development and maintenance parts would explode.

It's enough to make one think they're not actually being sold for that amount outside of one or two outliers.
I put feelers out at one point for mine with all my upgrades for10k(which I probably would never sell) but all I got was guys asking for parts.

There are a few guys out there still but things like trans pumps being discontinued will kill auto platform soon enough

Putting some miles on here when I can. Ordered the replacement 6 micron filter for the new (to me) ID1300X injectors for E85. It's warming up, so, whenever the filter comes in I'm going to swap injectors, get an idle log and continue work with Kevin Jewer to finalize the tune with the new injectors and E85. Super stoked on this one.
Went to a car show last weekend and showed up *late* at 10. I mean, you've got to be crazy to meet up at 8 when it was in the 20s out, screw that! Damn sun wasn't even up far enough at that point. 😆
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think if someone would make a right and left side "rail" that is like small block chevy oil pans have (mid '80s), our pans would seal up a lot better. The Roller motor 350 I built for a man had a left and right "rail" that sat on the oil pan flange and distributed the load of all of the oil pan bolts out evenly. I wanted to keep it but I am sure Chevy still makes them so I need to order one. That is the thing that I think a DSM Freelancer could come up with at a relatively low cost to us and would benefit the platform. :thumb:

Well, with the addition of the solid, 1-piece rails, you don't dimple the pan bolt holes. That is what I liked about the SBC pan that I was using on that mans motor. It came stock that way but older engines didn't have them and we were constantly taking the pans to a anvil and tapping the bolt holes back flat. I didn't have to do that to that engines oil pan because of the rails on top of the pan flange. It was just and idea.

I cleaned out my Talon’s gas tank with Muriatic Acid. In prep for new fuel pump and getting it back going so I can sell it. It was a rusted mess!

I cleaned out my Talon’s gas tank with Muriatic Acid. In prep for new fuel pump and getting it back going so I can sell it. It was a rusted mess!
So did it do a good job? My son is getting an old Honda Accord back to road worthy and its tank was a mess also and we used white vinegar for almost a week. It worked good where it was (we didn't fill it, just 10 gallons) but flash rusted quickly when he dumped it. He is going to do an electrolysis treatment next with a full tank to see if it will get the rest of the tank cleaned up too.
Muratic Acid was one of the things I suggested to him but didn't want to get to aggressive.
I'm not meaning to talk about other cars but more about your idea and how it turned out in your opinion. :thumb:

Why? The pan is largely glued on. The bolts are there to keep it located and from falling off.
Problems happen when overtightened causing dimpling or taking off and warping. Properly done that shouldnt happen but we arent all perfect 100 percent of the time

And that idea wasn't a cure all, just an idea from another platform that would be handy to have.

It came stock that way but older engines didn't have them and we were constantly taking the pans to a anvil and tapping the bolt holes back flat. I didn't have to do that to that engines oil pan because of the rails on top of the pan flange.
It's been a few years since I've pulled the pan on a SBC but what I remember was a cork gasket and to get it to not leak over time you often have to torque the bolts down to the point of distorting the pan.

Or am I having age induced hallucinations?

On a 4G63 you're more likely to have bent the pan up if you try prying it off rather than using the seal cutter.

So did it do a good job? My son is getting an old Honda Accord back to road worthy and its tank was a mess also and we used white vinegar for almost a week. It worked good where it was (we didn't fill it, just 10 gallons) but flash rusted quickly when he dumped it. He is going to do an electrolysis treatment next with a full tank to see if it will get the rest of the tank cleaned up too.
Muratic Acid was one of the things I suggested to him but didn't want to get to aggressive.
I'm not meaning to talk about other cars but more about your idea and how it turned out in your opinion. :thumb:
It worked amazing well. I only used about 1/6 of the gallon jug which only cost $6 at the local farm supply store. I can make a write up for what I did if it would be helpful. I had the same issue of treating areas where it couldn’t pool at the bottom. But shaking it tank around seemed to work well enough for me. It killed me back muscles but was worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back