The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I attempted to do my timing belt on my 1G but I seemed to have misplaced my tensioner bolt, or accidentally used it elsewhere. Does anyone have one for sale since they are discontined
Maybe use a 2g one and cut it down 2mm or use an additional washer? I think 1g is 33mm long and 2g is 35mm. 10mm bolt, probably 1.25 pitch.

I attempted to do my timing belt on my 1G but I seemed to have misplaced my tensioner bolt, or accidentally used it elsewhere. Does anyone have one for sale since they are discontined.
Josh over at JNZ Tuning @DSSA may be able to source one for you. He has hooked me up with pretty much everything I need for my rebuild (granted I have a 2G)

I attempted to do my timing belt on my 1G but I seemed to have misplaced my tensioner bolt, or accidentally used it elsewhere. Does anyone have one for sale since they are discontined.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Our bolt size chart says 51 mm

This is only 1mm shorter. Probably not a 12mm head but itll work just fine

M8-1.25 x 50mm Flanged Screws Flange Hex Bolts, 304 Stainless Steel 18-8, Plain Finish, DIN 6921, 5 PCS https://a.co/d/1q5aHIL

The JIS version(12mm) is below
(6) M8-1.25x50 Hex Flange Bolts Class 10.9 JIS Small Head Frame Cap Screws Zinc https://a.co/d/5Fkty1A

Last edited:
Our bolt size chart says 51 mm

This is only 1mm shorter. Probably not a 12mm head but itll work just fine

M8-1.25 x 50mm Flanged Screws Flange Hex Bolts, 304 Stainless Steel 18-8, Plain Finish, DIN 6921, 5 PCS https://a.co/d/1q5aHIL

The JIS version(12mm) is below
(6) M8-1.25x50 Hex Flange Bolts Class 10.9 JIS Small Head Frame Cap Screws Zinc https://a.co/d/5Fkty1A

Wrong bolt. The one you’re specifying is for mounting the hydraulic tensioner. The one inquired about is for the tensioner pulley, and barely cut off of your screen capture at the bottom.

M10 x 1.25 x 33, flange bolt

@dsmmario - worst case, use 35mm long hex bolt with a washer, though I’m sure someone here has one available if you are really after that original fastener.

Wrong bolt. The one you’re specifying is for mounting the hydraulic tensioner. The one inquired about is for the tensioner pulley, and barely cut off of your screen capture at the bottom.

M10 x 1.25 x 33, flange bolt

@dsmmario - worst case, use 35mm long hex bolt with a washer, though I’m sure someone here has one available if you are really after that original fastener.
My bad. I read tensioner bolt and thought he meant that one.

Heres is a Jis 35mm

(5) M10-1.25x35 Hex Flange Bolts Class 10.9 JIS Small Head Frame Cap Screws Zinc https://a.co/d/6UeQCL2

I snagged one from JnZ for my build as I didn't have any spare fasteners for the front. I need to get the front cover bolts too as no spares (if I find a good cover 🤞) for it either.

Maybe use a 2g one and cut it down 2mm or use an additional washer? I think 1g is 33mm long and 2g is 35mm. 10mm bolt, probably 1.25 pitch.
I was going to consider a 2g one. It looks like the the difference from 1g to 2g is that they went with a lock washer plus a flat washer vs the flange head and flat washer on the 1g. Their effective length may actually be the same but its been 20 years since Ive touched a 7bolt engine to tell.

Worked on a buddy's gsx! Valve cover gasket, brake fluid reservoir, few changes on ecmlink, threw new shoes on and finally did some cruising and he blew the manifold to turbo gasket so to autozone we went. Fixed that and cruised some more.. That was my weekend!! Bad ass🤘🤘🤘🤘

Thanks man, much appreciated. I do have to order some of that yellow paint for an E46 set I’m working on so maybe I’ll throw them on the 2gb lights too 😉
It's the perfect touch bro!

I can’t get anything done with a garage! LOL.
I know that feeling. I built a makeshift carport out of wood strapping and plastic when it was in Maine just to keep her out of the elements.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back