The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The routine maintenance that was neglected by the previous owner(s) continues. Along with fixing cosmetic blemishes and missing interior parts. This week I cleaned the fuel injectors and replaced the o-rings, installed new NGK wires and plugs, new spark plug tube seals, new radiator, new alternator and belt, new timing belt kit and water pump, new oil filter housing, new oil pressure sensor, new Ignition coils, new pcv valve, new Upstream and downstream O2 sensors, new fuel pressure regulator, new throttle body vacuum lines, and a new top timing belt cover. I think that about covers it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ordered new 1997-1999 Headlights to start the swap on my 1995 GST. After I get the timing belt, oil filter housing, and tires replaced I'll order a 1997-1999 front/rear bumper, or purchase an aftermarket kit, along with aftermarket tail lights.

Looked under the car to see what is leaking
Confirmed I have a leak most likely from the return line gasket. Topped it off with oil and will address it when I have more time 🤣

I so feel this. Same with mine. I’ll just fix it when I do the 500 mile oil change. Lol.

As promised back on the Talon today.

I marked out some spots to drill to do homemade spot welds and proceeded to do my thing and weld it in.

After getting it solid I took to figuring out how to cap the ends. Made some caps and welded them in.

I grabbed the studs and was able to rock the car, so while my fabrication skills are limited, and my welds aren't pretty, it's solid.

You can see from the back side where I spot welded the bottom.

The underside

And I bolted the cell into place before I called it a day.

With the cell bolted in I again rocked the car and feel confident in its solidity.

Next step is to figure out where the pump/filter assembly is going to sit best, then fab up new mount brackets and take the cell back out so I can take it back out to my buddy's shop so he can do some tig welding for me.

We have had snow since Friday... so took the awd juke out with traction control off and drifted in the ice.

Good practive when you cant use the ebrake to correct slides because it makes them worse

Haven't done much to the car itself. Just been ordering parts from my wish list. fuel lab afpr, FIC 1200 hi-z injectors, and Justin Whitesell built 20g with billet compressor. When all that gets here I'll start thrashing on her some more. Still have other parts on the table waiting to install also.

Timing belt/water pump service done. 85k miles on our 99 and never been done previously. Just in time to go into storage shortly...😔 Hopefully new top next spring/summer.

Been up since 5 ish...

Grabbed my crystal headlights and gave a them a clean. Hopefully the next owner finds theese soon 🤣
Ki da sad tho, that 1 of the black covers for the headlights is cracked :(

Once the wife wakes up im gonna clean out the front porch. So we can clean it and paint it :thumb: :mrt:

Cleaning my garage now and found this. This part is not for DSM/EVO. It's for Delica, Montero/Pajero etc etc. I remember I bought it in Japan because the vender was selling it for really cheap, because of open package and the part number is not for EVO or GVR4. But actually this assy comes with a 2g/EVO 7 bolt tensioner arm/M8 large washer/bolt and the same idler pulley/bolt as DSM. It would usually be about US$150 if buying all those parts separately.
If you are planning to order a 2g 7 bolt tensioner arm and idler pulley, better check the part number before ordering. Maybe you would be able to save a little $, if someone happens to sell this assy in the same moment.

Finally installed my valve cover that I had done 2 summers ago LOL. I ended up using a vibrant Gen 3 catch can since I don't have the time to design the and fabricate the one I wanted to make. After we move to our new building I'll start on that. This weekend I'll spend some time on the engine bay. Will update my build with those pics hopefully tomorrow night:pray:

Finally installed my valve cover that I had done 2 summers ago LOL. I ended up using a vibrant Gen 3 catch can since I don't have the time to design the and fabricate the one I wanted to make. After we move to our new building I'll start on that. This weekend I'll spend some time on the engine bay. Will update my build with those pics hopefully tomorrow night:pray:

God I love that color.

No pictures, but dropped the fuel cell off to the shop to get some new brackets TIGed to it for the fuel pump mount set up. Got in more fuel system stuff today too. Got my ethanol content sensor, ethanol sensor mount, AN adapter set, plug, etc.

Fairly certain the only item I am now in need of for the fuel system is injectors.

Drove it top down 30 miles round trip yesterday late afternoon to pick up our grandaughter from school. I believe she might have been the coolest 11-year-old of the day there. Heat on high, windows up, blanket, Christmas tunes blaring, and a big smile...on both our faces! Mind you, we live in Minnesota and at that moment the temp was around 40F at the most.

Drove it top down 30 miles round trip yesterday late afternoon to pick up our grandaughter from school. I believe she might have been the coolest 11-year-old of the day there. Heat on high, windows up, blanket, Christmas tunes blaring, and a big smile...on both our faces! Mind you, we live in Minnesota and at that moment the temp was around 40F at the most.
Very Cool indeed! 40F that's gotta feel like spring time though. I lived out near Grand Forks, ND many many years ago and would make trips out to Duluth pretty regularly. Would also go down to Burnsville and Mall of America. Cold, but great memories.

40? We were sitting at 33 yesterday for a high in SWPA. LOL

Good thing DSMs have killer heat. :) Can't wait to get mine rolling and get to take my niece and nephew out in it.

Went out to the shop the pick up the fuel cell today. While there gave a second hand pulling a trans from a 2G, and helped out on a clean up project out back. My "work" paid for the TIG job so I walked out with the same amount of money I walked in with.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to drill the mounts on the cell, mount the pumps, and mount the cell. Then I'll start making my fuel lines up to the rail. Probably only do feed for now. I'll wait til I actually have the injectors to do the return. I'll probably order the injectors once my bank account recovers from Christmas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back