The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

Ceezdsm99

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2022
California
I have seen this on alot of sites with mustangs, hondas, volkswagen, ect... Although I've never seen one with DSM's and i thought maybe i would try it out and see if it sticks... I'll start off with what i did to mine. I cleaned up the motor bay and did a little wire tucking.
Went to a car m
I have seen this on alot of sites with mustangs, hondas, volkswagen, ect... Although I've never seen one with DSM's and i thought maybe i would try it out and see if it sticks... I'll start off with what i did to mine. I cleaned up the motor bay and did a little wire tucking.
Havent done to much to my gst today but lately been buying parts like Lower control arms and oil pan gasket and hoses , also realized my turbo needs rebuilding :( I loose boost randomly and my car smokes while idling , I know this is off topic but I actually need help finding a rebuild kit for the stock t25 ( I know it’s not the best turbo ) but it needs a lot of work rn and I don’t want to invest to much on just the turbo , im looking for a good rebuild kit , if anyone knows of one holla at me 😀

T bags

Proven Member
Apr 9, 2022
Newark, New_Jersey
Went to a car m

Havent done to much to my gst today but lately been buying parts like Lower control arms and oil pan gasket and hoses , also realized my turbo needs rebuilding :( I loose boost randomly and my car smokes while idling , I know this is off topic but I actually need help finding a rebuild kit for the stock t25 ( I know it’s not the best turbo ) but it needs a lot of work rn and I don’t want to invest to much on just the turbo , im looking for a good rebuild kit , if anyone knows of one holla at me 😀
Any shaft play in the turbine? Oil in the intercooler piping/exhaust housing? We got out kit from eBay years ago and it worked out fine

T bags

Proven Member
Apr 9, 2022
Newark, New_Jersey
socks? I wouldn't trust my sometimes clumsy self, and even my work shoes which are mostly mesh can't save me from myself every time.

let's see.. the culmination of the last couple days has me at:

- installed head from my old 6bolt that has the bc springs and titanium retainers
- decided to not yet run the cyclone manifold until ive worked out the kinks on this car. 1g mani for now
- shaved flanges flat on ebay o2 housing since my evo1 housing is angled non-dsm. typical ebay housing warped flange. definitely thicker than my old megan, though. going to see how long it takes to blow out a composite gasket..
- wrapped downpipe
- installed b16g, evo3 manifold, buttoned up entire exhaust
- 6an fuel feed into fuelab filter

probably about a day and a half left of work until i can drive it again

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
X2 on working in socks🥸
We rather be in crocs 🦖

curt-s

Proven Member
Dec 21, 2008
Winterville, MB_Canada
got my oil pressure gauge today, yay. going prosport evo electric this time around, will see how well it works

did a lot of gauge and sensor wiring, almost done there.

did mechanical timing with my own tensioner tool, worked great

just got to find a good place for the coil pack..

Boosted92rs

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2022
Granville Summit, Pennsylvania
Got the new fuel lines fitted sunday night, finished up getting the fuel tank hooked up and bolted in. Also got the new catback on and downpipe it place to see about fitment.

ipWitan

Probationary Member
May 31, 2022
MARBLEHEAD, Massachusetts
Did my first mechanical car thing ever! Don't laugh... I installed new Sylvania Silver hi and low light bulbs. Everything worked. The passenger hi needs to be redirected right, though. I had to remove the air intact to install the low passenger side light - Youtube helped. Read the entire technical manual for the car... Now I am ready to install a full engine redo. LOL. I also cleaned the outside light covers using a 3m kit. The concept of scratching the living crap out of a plastic lens cover only to have it be reborn as a clean light is still a little strange. Researching stereo upgrade options. Sadly, didn't see much on this forum and Crutchfield thinks I have a 1 dimm slot when it is in fact 2 dimm. Researching connecting phone and backup camera + proximity beeps. When I back up the car, it must turn past the Tesla and Pilot. Not sure I can trust my kids to navigate that reverse challenge without help. One dent prevented covers the cost of the camera and stereo upgrade!

T bags

Proven Member
Apr 9, 2022
Newark, New_Jersey
Got the new fuel lines fitted sunday night, finished up getting the fuel tank hooked up and bolted in. Also got the new catback on and downpipe it place to see about fitment.

Sectioned Cn exhaust system look good. Did you piece it together yourself?

Boosted92rs

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2022
Granville Summit, Pennsylvania
I had a downpipe from years ago laying around and the catback I bought (hks). It fits good just have to do a little modification to make the two match up im lacking like 3 inches
Sectioned Cn exhaust system look good. Did you piece it together yourself?
had the downpipe laying around from years ago and bought the catback (hks) it fits really good goes under the rear though dont know how I feel about that. A little modification is needed to get the downpipe to bolt to the catback(lacking like 3 Inches)

curt-s

Proven Member
Dec 21, 2008
Winterville, MB_Canada
Did my first mechanical car thing ever! Don't laugh... I installed new Sylvania Silver hi and low light bulbs. Everything worked. The passenger hi needs to be redirected right, though. I had to remove the air intact to install the low passenger side light - Youtube helped. Read the entire technical manual for the car... Now I am ready to install a full engine redo. LOL. I also cleaned the outside light covers using a 3m kit. The concept of scratching the living crap out of a plastic lens cover only to have it be reborn as a clean light is still a little strange. Researching stereo upgrade options. Sadly, didn't see much on this forum and Crutchfield thinks I have a 1 dimm slot when it is in fact 2 dimm. Researching connecting phone and backup camera + proximity beeps. When I back up the car, it must turn past the Tesla and Pilot. Not sure I can trust my kids to navigate that reverse challenge without help. One dent prevented covers the cost of the camera and stereo upgrade!
Hey, you can laugh at yourself a bit, but this is how many people start. I purchased my first vehicle new from a dealership because I had never even changed a tire before. 6 months later, I bought my first DSM and immediately went to work tearing it down and rebuilding it.
Sometimes you start small but end up knowing every bolt on the car a year later.

Also, it's DIN not DIMM :p

ipWitan

Probationary Member
May 31, 2022
MARBLEHEAD, Massachusetts
Thanks for the correction and encouragement. I know DIMMs from building PCs. This is my old 1999 which I bought after graduating from law school. I gave it to my parents 12 years ago when I was moving to Boston. A month ago I took it back. So I am the OG owner and have a little time and money now to play with it. I won't really make it a speed machine as my kids will be driving it. Teaching the kids how to drive a manual on my baby is killing me.

ArcticTsi

Proven Member
Dec 26, 2002
Tokyo-Japan, Asia
I had a downpipe from years ago laying around and the catback I bought (hks). It fits good just have to do a little modification to make the two match up im lacking like 3 inches

had the downpipe laying around from years ago and bought the catback (hks) it fits really good goes under the rear though dont know how I feel about that. A little modification is needed to get the downpipe to bolt to the catback(lacking like 3 Inches)
I really like that exhaust. I have a Trust exhaust on mine that I bought many many years ago, but the angle is a bit much for my liking. It sits nearly right behind the passenger rear wheel. What model HK$ exhaust is that?

Xarzor

Probationary Member
Jul 21, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Finished up my interior. Swapped the grey dash out for black and deleted the passenger side air bag. Just need to search the junk yards for some half way decent door panels so it all matches.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds